Re: Can we completely turn off eco lifestyle play?

by EmeraldLaura

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can we completely turn off eco lifestyle play?

★★★★ Guide

Hey! Is there a way to completely turn off Eco Lifestyle play without uninstalling the pack? I turned off voting and eco footprint under gameplay, but does this completely stop the community action plan voting and environmental changes that I don’t want to deal with in some households/worlds?

Message 1 of 11 (36,326 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@Rae_Regenbogen 

If you turned off voting before anything was voted on then no NAPs will be enacted. If you travel on vacation you may get a note that a NAP was enacted but on return you will find that was not the case. Also if you have no active households in a world no NAPs will be enacted there. So with voting off you can choose to enact only those you like or none at all. Notice that since voting is active when you start a new game you have a limited time to turn it off before any votes are cast. 

Even with Voting on I quickly gained enough influence to only have the NAPs I wanted win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (36,247 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Rae_RegenbogenAs far as I know, you can't turn off the gameplay of Eco Lifestyle. Of course you can, however cheat the community action plan voting through the mailbox. The environemental changes will go on anyhow.
When you do not want that, you will have to disable that EP.
Have fun playing.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 11 (36,312 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don’t use cheats, so that sucks. Booo

Message 3 of 11 (36,276 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Rae_Regenbogen 

If you turned off voting before anything was voted on then no NAPs will be enacted. If you travel on vacation you may get a note that a NAP was enacted but on return you will find that was not the case. Also if you have no active households in a world no NAPs will be enacted there. So with voting off you can choose to enact only those you like or none at all. Notice that since voting is active when you start a new game you have a limited time to turn it off before any votes are cast. 

Even with Voting on I quickly gained enough influence to only have the NAPs I wanted win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (36,248 Views)

★★★★ Guide

still waiting for respond EA is working on this unplayable Game. i become impatient already 

Message 5 of 11 (36,227 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thank you for those tips, JP! They are really helpful. I wish I could give you more than 1 XP. Lol

Message 6 of 11 (36,203 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you ever find a fix for the bug issue? I am having this issue (future cube/programing/cake type bugs} and it sucks because I just cant play the game.

Message 7 of 11 (35,346 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Invadernny 

This is also from a NAP. I recommend you repeal that.

Message 8 of 11 (35,306 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Trismagistos Well darn, Holiday's/some birthday's are inconvenienced by the power being shut off, maybe I did it to myself >:l Grr.

Never used to happen before then again usually i'm house building, not actively playing Sims.
Message 9 of 11 (31,189 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having a similar issue for a while now. I've unticked everything under the eco lifestyle pack in settings but I still get inspections and votes take place. As the vote was already going ahead I voted for gardening to win and it did, but despite having many different plants on my lot I still get told my bills will increase. Is there any way to stop this happening?

Message 10 of 11 (19,554 Views)