Re: Can toddlers give gifts?

by SaveZeIda

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can toddlers give gifts?

★★★★★ Apprentice

So it's valentines day in my sim's world and i noticed that my toddler especially loves a certain tradition. You can see the UI in the screenshot i took that it claims Kit loves giving gifts because he is a toddler. So i planned for kit to give his mom a daisy but i can't find the give gift interaction for the life of me. 

08-27-18_3-30-55 PM.png

Message 1 of 8 (2,904 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

Yeah, most toddlers I know and have known don't like giving gifts, they like getting gifts! LOL Large smileAngel 

I also tried to have my toddler give a gift (either fruit or flower) and was unable to.  The option didn't appear on the menu. Raised eyebrowFrown  I think this was an oversight … perhaps they planned on enabling toddlers to give small gifts but then forgot to actually make it possible!?!? Wondering  This was a good catch by you! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,909 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Yeah, most toddlers I know and have known don't like giving gifts, they like getting gifts! LOL Large smileAngel 

I also tried to have my toddler give a gift (either fruit or flower) and was unable to.  The option didn't appear on the menu. Raised eyebrowFrown  I think this was an oversight … perhaps they planned on enabling toddlers to give small gifts but then forgot to actually make it possible!?!? Wondering  This was a good catch by you! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (2,910 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Haha yea I was surprised when I saw that he loved giving gifts. It would be cute for them to scribble up a card or something 😍 thanks for confirming my post I thought I was the only one 😊

Message 3 of 8 (2,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

If you have a small or large stack of presents, using the toddler you can click on them and choose open presents with.... That should fulfill that toddler's tradition. Worked for me on my Xbox One.

Message 4 of 8 (2,756 Views)

★ Novice
@Jade2018 Thanks
Message 5 of 8 (2,129 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Jade2018 I tried using the open presents with interaction but it didn't fulfill the tradition. Maybe they changed it. I'm playing on pc.
Message 6 of 8 (1,737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeeep... having this issue RIGHT NOW....I will try the pile of presents but I am also on PC and not sure it will work. I know giving a present to them doesn't work.

Message 7 of 8 (1,224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Had to report that upon buying the small pile of presents and having my toddler open one alone the gifting tradition was fulfilled for Love Day. Again, I am on PC.

Message 8 of 8 (1,213 Views)