Can this be done?

by Player_jp5s5eav

Original Post

Can this be done?

★ Guide

I've been thinking of doing a game play where I make two small families. The parents raise their kids and then the kids meet as teens or adults and start a relationship. The thing is, all I know is that when playing two families in the same game, when I pay attention to one family the family I'm not playing goes on with their lives and may do things I don't want them to do, gain skills I don't want them to gain, enter relationships I don't want them entering, etc.

Is there a way to play the two households as separate game saves and then somehow transfer one of the families into the same game save as the other one? Or some way to have them in one game save, but keep the family I'm not play from progressing while I'm playing the other?

Message 1 of 7 (410 Views)

Re: Can this be done?

Champion (Retired)

Play them in two different savegames. When you think it is time for them to "meet" save one family to your Library exit  and load the other savegame and import them there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (400 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I don’t know if this is right or not but go to the menu and click game options
After go to gameplay and select Autonomy a pit it to off!
I think this might work because it disables sims free will(doing what they want) so they will only respond to what you tell them to do not what the automaticity do!

Please tell me if this does work because I would like to know too
Message 3 of 7 (399 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This would not work as it applies to the active household only. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

jpkarlsen,

Ah, so if I save the family to my gallery after playing them to the desired end point, will all the progress the parenting and efforts of the child will still be present? Would the parents and their kid still have their jobs, developed skills, developed relationships, finished aspirations intact?

Message 5 of 7 (367 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Player_jp5s5eav

I'm not sure you will have to test.

Message 6 of 7 (358 Views)

★ Guide

Hm. Okay. Hopefully this works out. Thank you for your suggestion. I won't quite know if this will get the desired results, but it is certainly worth a shot. :D

Message 7 of 7 (353 Views)