Re: Can the Sims I create be in the same city so they can interact with each oth

by daikoyu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can the Sims I create be in the same city so they can interact with each other

★★ Novice

I like to populate my cities with Sims that I create.  Is there a way to get the Sims that I create into the same city.  We used to be able to do this in other Sims games, like the Sims 2.  Sorry if this has been asked.  TIA.

Message 1 of 7 (6,603 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can the Sims I create be in the same city so they can interact with each oth

Champion

@boromirschik Okay.  So if you want to remove those sims from the affordable houses, you can evict them.  You might also want to check your Gameplay settings.  Click on the three dot menu in the upper right, click game options and gameplay.  If you have "fill empty homes" checked, the game will auto fill the empty houses with random "homeless" sims.  

The sims who wander around in the towns is randomized.  If you create two families and play one of them, you will likely see the unplayed family wandering around as your played family travels to different areas.  However, the best way to have the families interact is to have your played family visit the unplayed family. For example play the Dracula household and send them over to visit Vampira's and Morticia's house.  Once they're introduced, then the Dracula family members can travel with Vampira or Morticia to other areas or you can invite them to hang out using the phone.  Once the families have enough friendship, the unplayed family will start calling to ask to hang out and will stop by your played family's house regularly.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (6,561 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Hi @boromirschik !  Do you mean you don't want the pre-made sims living in your cities?  If so, you can evict them from the Worlds view.  Click on a city, let's say Willow Creek for example.  Then click on a house that is populated by a pre-made family, like the Goth house.
GothFamily.png

After you click on a house, you get options in the lower right corner.  Click the three dot menu and select Evict Household.
EvictHousehold.png

Do this for every house you want to empty, then you can add your own created sims to them.  Hope this helps!

Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 7 (6,584 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I want to create a household of Sims, say for instance, I want to have a Dracula household that I made, then I wanted to make a household with Vampira and Morticia Addams and have them meet each other in the city and become friends.

I do get annoyed by the EA Sims populating the affordable houses.

Message 3 of 7 (6,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Give your Sims skills if you want to see it more in the open world (fishing = parks, fitness = fitness center) If you have GetTogehter you can use the club system for meeting place.

I have a chess club, swimming clubs and much more. Now I see most the time only my create Sims and this feels much better as always see the Goths, Landgraab or Judith. Only problem this bug is for clubs not fixed. You got notifications for households who you do not play (only club-members).

Message 4 of 7 (6,568 Views)

Champion

@boromirschik Okay.  So if you want to remove those sims from the affordable houses, you can evict them.  You might also want to check your Gameplay settings.  Click on the three dot menu in the upper right, click game options and gameplay.  If you have "fill empty homes" checked, the game will auto fill the empty houses with random "homeless" sims.  

The sims who wander around in the towns is randomized.  If you create two families and play one of them, you will likely see the unplayed family wandering around as your played family travels to different areas.  However, the best way to have the families interact is to have your played family visit the unplayed family. For example play the Dracula household and send them over to visit Vampira's and Morticia's house.  Once they're introduced, then the Dracula family members can travel with Vampira or Morticia to other areas or you can invite them to hang out using the phone.  Once the families have enough friendship, the unplayed family will start calling to ask to hang out and will stop by your played family's house regularly.

Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 7 (6,562 Views)

★★ Novice

I evited some of the unplayed characters and then I went to their house and In had an option to create a sim to move in, so I just recreated the Dracula family and made them next door neighbors.  This worked.

Message 6 of 7 (6,520 Views)

Champion

@boromirschik I'm glad you were able to make it work!  You said you "recreated the Dracula family".  Does that mean you had already created that family once?  If so, do you know you can add families that you've created and saved in your library?  Any time you create and play a household, that household will be automatically saved in your library.  So if you ever want to start a new game, you can load a saved household without having to create them all over again.  Once they're in CAS, you can edit them before playing if you want to; like change their clothes, hair, features, body types, traits, etc.

When you're in create a sim, click the gallery button in the upper right corner...
GalleryButton.png

Click on the My Library tab...

MyLibraryTab.png

Click on the family you want to load, then click the Place Household button...

place household button.png

Then you get a prompt to either replace the sim already in CAS or merge your saved family with that sim...

merge household prompt.png

Hope this helps!

Happy Simming!

Message 7 of 7 (6,504 Views)