Can't use lots downloaded to tray folder (NOT a gallery issue)

by UserMnk11611

Original Post

Can't use lots downloaded to tray folder (NOT a gallery issue)

★ Apprentice

Hi all, for some reason, I can't access any of the lots I download into my tray folder. The thumbnails show up as white lamas in my library, and when I try to click on them it says "could not locate item". All lot items were unzipped and put in the tray folder (not in a subfolder). All other CC, as well as lots and rooms downloaded in-game, work. This isn't a huge deal, but I would like to be able to use the lots I downloaded!

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 20 (669 Views)

Re: Can't use lots downloaded to tray folder (NOT a gallery issue)

Champion (Retired)

@UserMnk11611 

Contact the author to have this resolved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 20 (653 Views)

★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen The author of each lot? This happens with every lot I try to download, not just a specific one or from a specific creator.
Message 3 of 20 (658 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@UserMnk11611 

It should be enough with one explaining how to properly install it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 20 (654 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m pretty sure I am installing them correctly since I’m doing exactly what the instructions say from multiple sources. I can imagine it would be irritating from the point of view of the creator to have everyone who had issues downloading the houses ask them how to do it, but if I can’t figure it out otherwise I’ll reach out to one. Thanks!

Message 5 of 20 (656 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@UserMnk11611 

Do you by chance run the Legacy edition?

Message 6 of 20 (644 Views)

★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen Nope, I don't!
Message 7 of 20 (646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@UserMnk11611 Are you getting any errors and what have you done so far to try to get it working again?  Have you checked its for files you have the games for?

Message 8 of 20 (630 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TGamez1 Just the message that the items can't be located, no game-playing errors, though. This has kind of been an ongoing issue that I initially attributed to just one creator after a few attempts to fix it failed, but in the past I've tried re-installing the houses, repairing the game, and taking out the mods/CC one by one. I only realized it was my game (or me) the past few days when I tried to download a few more houses and had the same issues.
Message 9 of 20 (644 Views)

★ Guide

@UserMnk11611 Ok, are these from the gallery you downloaded them from or other cc websites?  Can you access lots that are without CC? Just looking to see what could be causing the problem.  If you get any LEs please attach them to the post,  they can help try to identify the problem.  

Message 10 of 20 (643 Views)