Can't use Laptop on bed as advertised.

by LathyrusLoon

Original Post

Can't use Laptop on bed as advertised.

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SDX Base 9.0? Fully Updated, I double checked.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sit or relax on bed. Attempt to use portable computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims waves arm with the broken walking symbol.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able use laptops on beds as advertised by Highschool Years
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. when Highschool Years expac was downloaded.

I was very excited for this and am very disappointed.

Message 1 of 10 (1,085 Views)

Re: Can't use Laptop on bed as advertised.

Hero

@LathyrusLoon

It looks like the blog post was adjusted from laptop to tablet. It might have been a typo. The pic only shows them using the phone and I believe they didn't show the laptop in the livestream either ?

I tested it with the tablet and they use it while sitting, just not cross-legged.  Can't say if that was always the case though

Bild_2022-07-30_120708064.png

As for the laptop, for me they get up and use the table instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Novice

UGH totally false advertising, I was so excited to have this realistic animation for sims using their laptop on the bed and of course they lied again. I cannot wait for Paralives

Message 3 of 10 (993 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It was in the trailer at 1:30 and there is a screenshot on the EA website. https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/high-school-years-guided-tour
Message 4 of 10 (918 Views)

Hero

@Melisendre That's a tablet though and not a laptop

I just tried that and that works fine for me

Bild_2022-07-30_202130570.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (890 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have only found the screenshot with the tablet but it was advertised to work with laptops too.
Message 6 of 10 (846 Views)

Hero
@Melisendre The blog post used to have laptop but it seems they changed it so I'm guessing it was a typo. Not sure really.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@bascal Same. I'm real sick of being lied to

Message 8 of 10 (820 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It might be. I haven't bought the pack yet. Using the laptop on the bed would have been one of the selling points for me. That's why remember it. Issues like that are the reason why I don't buy packs on release or pre order anymore.
Message 9 of 10 (807 Views)

Hero

I'm going to move this to General Discussion as feedback

I don't think it's a bug since the blog post no longer mentions laptops and I can do everything the live stream/trailer showed.

Leaving the rest to someone from EA to clarify.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (801 Views)