Can’t upload creations to the gallery

by AL40491

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t upload creations to the gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have been trying for the past couple months to upload stuff to the gallery but I am unable to. I get this message that says “server error. We could not process this gallery request. Please try again later.”I uploaded one household back when I first started playing the game, it included mods and went up no problem. I still currently have mods. I am completely unable to save lots to my library as well. Also when I click on the boxes that show the individual Sims, it says cannot locate item. 

Message 1 of 6 (3,958 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t upload creations to the gallery

Champion

@AL40491 

Please try the following in this exact order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any or your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old Mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Let me know if you need directions on this.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,911 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@AL40491 

Please try the following in this exact order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any or your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old Mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Let me know if you need directions on this.

Message 2 of 6 (3,912 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Repairing the game won’t mess with any of my save files will it?
Message 3 of 6 (3,891 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AL40491 No, not running the game repair. It is always good to keep a backup of your game, though. I do it daily when I play. Here is information on how to backup your game: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#sichern

Message 4 of 6 (3,875 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@AL40491 I am having the same problem and was wondering if this worked for you. I didn't want to go through the work for nothing when I could be trying something else. Thank you for your time!
Message 5 of 6 (3,601 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@kkelly12007 Yes repairing solved it! I repair my game pretty often now actually. If you use mods and are paranoid like me I suggest you take your mods and saves folders out every time you repair though.
Message 6 of 6 (3,584 Views)