Can't submit photo for approval in MSP + frame bug?

by suzyybuzyy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't submit photo for approval in MSP + frame bug?

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020 (or whatever the latest is!)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By taking a gig in the new photography freelancer career, then taking the pic(s) required. Then you need to "submit photo for client's approval" - but I can't do it at all: there is no such option. No matter if you directly click on the photo in the inventory or drag it into the game; I don't have a freelancer option there. Also the frames are buggy: I could choose all the colors on frames before I bought Moschino SP, but now I can't change the color OR remove the frame, it's just stuck at the black frame.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't submit photo for client's approval at all, I have no freelancer option when I click on said photo. Therefore I can't finish the gig and it affects my sim's career negatively.
What do you expect to see? A freelancer option on the photos + the option to remove frame or change its color.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not at home right now, can attach picture from my game tomorrow but would still appreciate an answer. 

Attached a screenshot from Deligracy's video, I am completely missing the freelancer option on photos that fill the gig requirements. 

Message 1 of 22 (10,113 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't submit photo for approval in MSP + frame bug?

★★★ Novice

Ok I had the same problem too. When I took out my entire mod folder the problem wasn't there anymore.

So I did the 50-50 method and found out that it was LittleMissSam's Random small mods. Within that remove the mod package file that relates to making Photos Storable. 

If it's not this mod then it's definitely some mod that affects photos or frames. 

Hope this helps. 

View in thread

Message 10 of 22 (9,795 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@suzyybuzyy It’ll be one of your mods, mine did the same thing. Standard smile
Message 2 of 22 (10,006 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Did you isolate the mod that was causing the problem? When I remove my entire mod folder, it's fixed. I'm having trouble finding which one is causing it.

Message 3 of 22 (9,977 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Someone on MCCC's Discord had that problem yesterday. In that case, it was caused by "WhosAsking_StoreMostThingsInChest_ALL.package" (file name of mod).

Message 4 of 22 (9,959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I don't have this "WhosAsking_StoreMostThingsInChest_ALL.package" mod, or any other mods related to item storage.

Message 5 of 22 (9,945 Views)

Hero

HI @Latebricole69420 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

If you can replicate either of these bugs on a vanilla game, please make a post per issue. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (9,886 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem yesterday but it was because I was with my sim on a public retailer lot, becuse that’s where my sims photo studio is. The solution for me was to put the photo in the inventory of my sim, go back to their home lot and then the ”freelancer” option suddenly appeared! Turns out you can’t send pics if you are not on your home-lot. I hope this helps someone! Standard smile

Message 7 of 22 (9,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Wait, really? I can only send photos on my home lot? What's the point of that? Why is it so needlessly limiting? I spent a day building a sprawling photo studio -- complete with office, mailbox, photo editing room, all so I could do my work at the studio lot -- for NOTHING?! I don't want to have to go home every time I take a photo to send it to the client. I read that photos comes back for approval through the physical mail, when I send them digitally, and only when you're at your home lot to receive them on top of that?

This is a travesty. It's bad enough having the game soft lock when switching model poses. This is seriously bad enough that I'm giving up on this freelance photography career until it's made more user friendly.

Message 8 of 22 (9,829 Views)

Hero
@suzyybuzyy Moved this post to game info as people are pressing me too and I can't say which of the two issues posted they are pressing me too for.

Also, there might be a misunderstanding and/or mod problem so I'm leaving this here for discussion until a bug can be identified.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (9,807 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok I had the same problem too. When I took out my entire mod folder the problem wasn't there anymore.

So I did the 50-50 method and found out that it was LittleMissSam's Random small mods. Within that remove the mod package file that relates to making Photos Storable. 

If it's not this mod then it's definitely some mod that affects photos or frames. 

Hope this helps. 

Message 10 of 22 (9,796 Views)