Re: Can't sell ICECREAM

by ArchAngel1294

Original Post

Can't sell ICECREAM

★ Apprentice

I have all the expansions, and I saw that EA announced when the kitchen stuff pack was first released that we'd be able to sell the ice cream we make in a retail store. But I can't work out how to do it - the option to set ice cream (tubs or individual bowls/cones) for sale just doesn't appear. Is there a way to do it? Or is there a simple mod that would let me do it?

Message 1 of 7 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ArchAngel1294 I haven't tried selling ice cream in my retail stores. I normally set it up so that most of the sales are done via the customers purchasing produce and prepared dishes and baked goods directly from the "Lice Cold Freezers". I tested by first adding three cartons of ice cream to the store counters and I marked them for sale. I found the game would not let me add them to the "Lice Cold Freezers" (which would make sense, to my thinking.) I had my sim make new ice cream to replace them each time an ice cream would spoil. I had the store open 47 sim hours. No ice cream sold.

So... I went back in. This time I had my sims make ice cream. You can then add toppings or garnish (But I don't think you have to. I did on some and not on others in my test.):

set toppings.jpgset garnish.jpg

Then I queued up the option "Pick Up Serving" for the whole 8 servings until the servings were in their inventory in a multiples amounts/stacks. This can be done from the serving tray or the sim's personal inventory (where the ice cream goes as soon as it's made).:

Pick Up Serving.jpgpick up serving 2.jpg

Then I was able to drag the 'individual servings' dishes into the"Lice Cold Freezer" or onto the counter. If you place it in the freezer it adds the price tag automatically. If you add on the counter you have to click the item and select 'Set for Sale'.

Now this time I had the store open for 48 sim hours, and I still never sold any ice cream servings from the counter or freezer. I had to close the store as I need to get to bed - after 6am here. 

Please also note that there is this odd warning that the prepared dishes, baked goods and ice cream in the freezer 'cannot be sold or deleted', but that's not true. I sold items while the store was open during my test of all of those types of items in the freezers - except the ice cream.
 Cannot Be Sold.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 7 (1,036 Views)

★ Apprentice

When you say you added cartons of ice cream to the store counter - do you mean you made the ice cream? Or is there some other way of getting ice cream? When my sim makes the ice cream, he has no way of marking them for sale - the option "set for sale" wasn't there.

I also tried adding them to the lice cold freezer. I then changed families, and had my other sim go to purchase from that shop. There was no option on the lice cold freezer to buy anything.

I don't want to run a retail business, I just want to own a retail business, put my ice cream for sale, and allow other families to come buy them when I play those families.

Message 3 of 7 (1,022 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried it with a different family, and suddenly I could set the ice cream for sale! I don't know why I couldn't with the other family, but I'll go with it! lol Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (1,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ArchAngel1294 

Yes, I meant ice cream my sim made. (And watch out - you cannot sell any ice cream that has been eaten by your sim - not even one bite. And I think with platters of prepared food or sets of baked goods, the whole serving dish must not be eaten from - all 8 servings have to be there. Apparently not with ice cream, though, since you cannot sell it as a whole? (At least I couldn't.) And watch out for ice cream cones. My sim kept grabbing the cone and taking a bite when I had them grab a cone from the carton - so once they bit from it I couldn't sell it.

Also, to your question... whether you have a whole carton or individual ice cream serving in your store, you should be able to 'Set for Sale' in the options when you click on the item. If you're not seeing this you may want to run a game repair if you have just purchased the game recently. Perhaps it didn't fully download properly. Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game. If you're on PC wait until all packs have run.  If you're on mac, it will only repair the base game. You can get directions for repairing the packs at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

Or if you have Mods or CC they may be causing the issue of not being able to 'Set for Sale'. If this may be your issue, let me know and we could trouble shoot that.

I just went into the same store. I went this time with a different sim from a different household. The employee showed up and other customers, but not the owners. She was able to purchase the ice cream plus other items from the freezers. (I believe in this case the game was running the store.)

I then took my owner sim to the store, which was not open. No employee showed up, and no other customers showed up. Through her I only got the option to open the freezer. If I dragged an ice cream bowl to the counter, then 'marked it not for sale', then she had the option of eating the ice cream.

Message 5 of 7 (987 Views)

★ Apprentice

thanks. I have no mods or cc.

The only difference I can find is, the first sim made the ice cream in the store - and then couldn't set it for sale. In the second family, she made it at home, then took it to a store and could set it for sale. Maybe they can't sell it unless they made it at home?

Anyway, I'm happy it's working now.

Message 6 of 7 (940 Views)

Champion

@ArchAngel1294 Interesting.... I just went back into the same store and had my sims take ice cream with them in their inventories that they just made at home. All was split by them into serving size. One type had toppings and garnishes added and one serving gone of the 8 servings. Then when they got to the shop I had one of them make a new ice cream and grab into servings. I put one of these out and marked for sale on the counter and everything else in the Lice Cold Freezers. I re-added a different ice cream dish on the counter each time the old one got spoiled. 

I had the shop open for 47 sim hours. Absolutely no ice cream was purchased from the counter or from the freezers. Not one dish. And the store was always busy and the customers purchased all other types of goods both from the counters or displayed items and from the freezers.

Even though I could not reproduce your issue of having difficulties setting the ice cream for sale, I can find absolutely no manner in which I can get customers to purchase ice cream from the store as a seller (when my sim owner has the store open and is running it), even though, as I previously shared, if I took another sim to the store from another household and my sims (owners) were not at the store but the one employee was at the store, I could have my sim from the other household purchase ice cream in a dish from the freezers.

Were you ever able to get customers to purchase the ice cream in your store while your owner had the store open and was running it and was at the store?

Message 7 of 7 (885 Views)