Re: Can’t see my Sim at work

by AmySupFan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t see my Sim at work

★ Guide

First off, I am totally new to Sims 4 (like 2 days). I have been playing Sims Mobile for over a year, but wanted to try the PC game. My Sims goes to work, but I can’t seem to follow her to where she goes. On Sims Mobile, you can go to their worksite and and see what they are doing and interacting with coworkers. Is Sims 4 not the same?  It just greys her out while she is at work or she walks up and down stairs at our bunker. I do have the “get to work” pack. 
Please and Thanks for any help you can give. 

Message 1 of 6 (2,218 Views)

Accepted Solution

@AmySupFan  This is normal for the typical careers.  With Get to Work careers, you can choose to follow your sim to work, but that's only possible for certain active careers.  You can read more about how they work here:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,202 Views)

All Replies

@AmySupFan  This is normal for the typical careers.  With Get to Work careers, you can choose to follow your sim to work, but that's only possible for certain active careers.  You can read more about how they work here:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (2,203 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 6 (2,156 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Get Famous in the acting career is active too where you follow them. Some non-active careers (ones that gray the sim out) does give you the choice if your wish to work from home though. If I have 2 Sims in a household, sometimes I will have one work from home that way I can concentrate on building skills for one associated with a gig (acting, home decor, or influencer. Influencer is base game.) And care for the work requirements the game asks to make it through work. 🙂

Message 4 of 6 (2,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

As others have said, this is normal in the Sims 4 unless you choose certain careers:

Doctor

Detective

Scientist

Actor

Paranormal Investigator

Interior Designer

There are also work from home jobs that I love, including Botanist (my favorite!), Style Influencer, Military (really?), and Freelancer. (WFH is amazing if you want your Sim to have a big family or concentrate on hobbies.)

There may be more or less depending on what packs you have.  The rest are all rabbit holes.

Message 5 of 6 (2,135 Views)

Champion

@AmySupFan , in addition to what @puzzlezaddict , @3Rosez , and @xochiquetzl_xkvn  there are a few active careers where you can buy a lot to own, but you will need either Get To Work, Dine Out,  or Cats & Dogs.
The careers are where you can own a retail store, own a restaurant, or own a vet clinic. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 6 (2,099 Views)