Can't run Sims 4 with mods

by rediantly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't run Sims 4 with mods

★★ Novice

I'm playing on a windows pc but I just recently switched over from a mac. The game works normally with no issues but whenever I add any custom content the game doesn't launch and instead I get an error message. It runs when I remove all the CC, but even when I add just one it won't work. I know the CC I use isn't old or broken because there are no issues running with them on my mac, and I've even tried downloading some more recent CC, but the same issue continues on my windows pc. I've tried repairing, reinstalling, as well as deleting the cache package file but nothing has changed so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Message 1 of 5 (514 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't run Sims 4 with mods

@rediantly @CarbonCarl

Sims 4 CC and Mod files are compatible with both Windows and macOS. They should end in .package or .ts4script which the game recognises, not the OS.

How did you transfer the files over from Mac to PC? Have you tried re-downloading one piece of CC and putting it in a new Mods folder to see if it works? Just rename or move the current Mods folder in the Sims 4 folder, launch the game to create a new Mods folder then put the CC file in the folder and try to launch the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (485 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
Hi @rediantly

I'm not familiar with mods for Sims 4 but are those mods compatible with Windows and Mac? Because if you're trying to use the same files you used on Mac then they won't work on Windows as they would use different file types.
Message 2 of 5 (494 Views)

@rediantly @CarbonCarl

Sims 4 CC and Mod files are compatible with both Windows and macOS. They should end in .package or .ts4script which the game recognises, not the OS.

How did you transfer the files over from Mac to PC? Have you tried re-downloading one piece of CC and putting it in a new Mods folder to see if it works? Just rename or move the current Mods folder in the Sims 4 folder, launch the game to create a new Mods folder then put the CC file in the folder and try to launch the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 5 (486 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Bluebellflora Ah ok that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (478 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Re-downloading worked! Thank you so much. I still don’t really understand why this issue is happening but this method is fine by me. I have a ton of CC to go through but at least it works! Thank again!
Message 5 of 5 (435 Views)