Re: Can't place some rugs/carpets next to walls who are above the end of a platf

by Trismagistos

Original Post

Can't place some rugs/carpets next to walls who are above the end of a platform

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Certain kinds of carpets and rugs can't be placed close to walls if theres a platform under it, sent a screenshot showing the problem

Message 1 of 5 (1,448 Views)

Re: Can't place some rugs/carpets next to walls who are above the end of a platf

Champion
@Vatzfu As far as i can see from you screenshot you try to lay the carpet partly over a platform and partly on the surface beneath that. It will not be possible to cross these heights. Therefore you will see the carpet turning red. I don't think is has got any thing to do with te proximity of the wall.

Could you attach another screenshot from another angle, please?
Thanks in advance.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 5 (1,437 Views)

★ Guide

Of course! Here they are! I sent you two screens, one is from that same room, I only hid the walls to illustrate that theres a platform below the room, and the second shows that I can place the carpet near to another wall that is not directly near the limits of the platform.

Message 3 of 5 (1,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@VatzfuI see what you mean. In these cases I normally use the alt button to slightly adjust the carpet. The wall takes up a part of the tiles and the grid. These situation can happen sometimes. In the past before the October update it also happend with doors and windows when they were to close to te walls. But i will definitely look into it too.
Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 5 (1,418 Views)

★ Guide

I wish it were that simple, I can't use alt because it gets too far from the position I intended but fortunately there are items who don't suffer from this issue

Message 5 of 5 (1,410 Views)