Re: Can't place rooms due to a fixed object in apartments

by AhnzoVincente

Original Post

Can't place rooms due to a fixed object in apartments

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can try placing apartments in mentioned apartments.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot place rooms in apartments that I could place in my previous save. It gives "can't place due to fixed object" error. This happened in multiple apartments VIII Landgraab, 702 Zen View, 888 Spire and also in one story apartments so it is not due to multiple levels.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see this error fixed so I can place my apartments.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated my game.

I cannot place rooms in apartments that I could place in my previous save. It gives "can't place due to fixed object" error. This happened in multiple apartments VIII Landgraab, 702 Zen View, 888 Spire and also in one story apartments so it is not due to multiple levels. Does anybody know how to fix this? I am currently trying to build a new save file and I cannot place the apartments I had in my previous save.

Message 1 of 17 (27,145 Views)

Hero
@bergdorfsims Does this happen in one particular save game or just certain ones ? Can you post some pictures on where you're trying to place the rooms ?

Does it work if you bulldoze the apartment completely and place new rooms altogether ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (27,097 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I tried bulldozing and placing the apartments. This happened in a new save, on one of the previous ones I couldn't place VIII Landgraab top floor after the update. Before the update I could place the apartments I listed without a problem. I will try to include pics but all that happens is I place the blueprint within lines click accept and a red box shows up in the middle of the room saying can't place due to a fixed object

Message 3 of 17 (27,079 Views)

Hero
@bergdorfsims So it's anywhere in the apartment or just certain spaces ?

In the landgraab apartment I get the error when trying to place a room over the fireplace and an area around some of the windows (haven't tried deleting everything there to see if it then works), other than that it's fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (27,073 Views)

Hero
@bergdorfsims Tagging to see my question

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (26,987 Views)

Hero
@bergdorfsims Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (26,858 Views)

★★ Novice

I was having the same problem when trying to place an apartment lot down from the Gallery. Try turning on the bb.moveobjects on cheat. That worked for me! Fingers crossed

Message 7 of 17 (25,809 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm having this issue as well at 20 Culpepper. However, it is only certain apartments I've downloaded. For example, I have 3 different apartments by 3 different creators downloaded to my library. I can only place 1 of those apartments, the other 2 I get the "can't place due to fixed object" error. I also get this error occasionally with the other Culpepper apartment with the balcony.

Another strange thing I notice is the game will let me place the "error" lot if it is off, or not lined up with the exact boundary of the apartment lot. But this is unacceptable because everything is shifted over or down an entire row.

My game is an existing save I've had for a while.

I always turn on bb.moveobjects on - doesn't help.
Message 8 of 17 (25,756 Views)

★★★ Expert

@PixelFox14 I did a test and placed all of my Library rooms for the 20 Culpepper House apartments in a new game and I did not have any errors. Were there any notes or comments in those Gallery downloads about other players having any issues placing them? Is it possible that maybe they used a mod like T.O.O.L. when creating them? Can you list one of the Gallery downloads that is giving you trouble & maybe someone on here can test it in their game? I'm willing to give it a try.

Message 9 of 17 (25,696 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I'm having this issue or a similar one. Will make a new thread if it is different.

My issue comes in the Landgraab apartment. I bulldozed everything in it (interior walls too). Basically deleted everything in the apartment that is able to be deleted. Since I can't bulldoze exterior walls or exterior windows.

I'm trying to place a new staircase in a different location after deleting the original staircase in this apartment. Several times I get the error mentioned by OP. I'm not sure if this happens with other BB objects, but it is definitely happening when trying to place stairs.

The stairs do fit into the owned area of the lot as well. I can place these stairs flush against an exterior wall on some areas, but not on others. Using the move objects cheat did not help it entirely but it allowed me to place straight stair cases in some areas I couldn't before.

Will post more about it if more info is needed. I do use mods and CC but nothing that affects BB mode. 

Message 10 of 17 (25,150 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help