Re: Can't move married NPC into free slot

by hevski67

Original Post

Can't move married NPC into free slot

★★★★ Novice

I married a NPC when I didn't have a free slot, but now that I do, I can't get him to move in.

Here are the details ....
- I created a NPC and started the Soulmates Story and then the wedding challenge around relationship level 4.
- Around the same time, I obtained an extra player slot, but I accidentally hit the green plus sign so I was forced to create a new playable sim.
- After the wedding, the NPC showed up in the family portrait. I had no free slots, so I retired one of my other sims.
- The newlywed husband's face is not in my empty slot and he is still not playable.
- Should I wait to get to relationship level to invite the NPC to move in (I fear it won't happen since he is already married to a resident and in the family portrait), should I reinstall the game, or is there another solution?

Message 1 of 4 (594 Views)

Hero
@scottsimoleons Please share screenshots that show your family portrait, Sims and other details that can help explain the situation.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 4 (565 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I had to reset my phone, but despite my efforts, it looks like I've lost my level 21 progress and it's starting me from the beginning of the game. After unhelpful advice from EA tech support, i now have to decide if I want to devote any more time or money in a game that that I'm not sure I'll be able to transfer to another devise.

Message 3 of 4 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Is the slot unlocked? I can’t remember if I married an NPC before or after he moved into the slot. I have since had two children. One of the children is playable, the other is NPC until I can find 515💶 to unlock the fourth slot. One of the children has married and had a child, I just bought a new lot, hoping that a new house would mean more new empty slots... Nope!! And my “playable child” can’t move her husband and child in, so they’re stuck at home with the parent sims. And this child sim is on her own! I’m sure that didn’t make any sense whatsoever..

Message 4 of 4 (423 Views)