Re: Can't log in to forums

by roberta591

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

You could try to reset cookies in Firefox and reset Chrome. Resetting Chrome will clear cookies.

Message 11 of 20 (715 Views)

★★★ Novice
@roberta591 Then maybe you could point us in the direction of how to log into the forums??? It won't let me register a new account, because it says I already have an account. When I try to log in with the account info that I have it says incorrect. However, it won't allow me to reset my password either.
Message 12 of 20 (669 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dustygirl68   You can't re register your forum login. A new account must have a different login but your games are registered to the old login. Account issues can not be addressed in these forums as they are public. You need to contact EA help at EA customer service 

Message 13 of 20 (647 Views)

★★★ Novice
@roberta591 I realize that account issues can't be discussed here, but I came here as a result of not being able to successfully contact EA customer service. First time I tried the chat feature was not active and there was no phone or email option. Several attempts later I tried again and chat was available and I even connected with someone named Peer who literally left the chat after asking my name. Just like that they left. They never came back. I was like...ugh. The link you shared is where all this happened, so yeah I've already tried your suggestion. on forums.thesims.com it tells me what my username is even though I've never logged onto the site from this computer and it's obviously connected to my EA account. However, I can't remember my password and the forum doesn't have a reset link.
I tried one more time and now it's telling me I have a open case. We'll see what happens.
Message 14 of 20 (634 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dustygirl68   As a tech I have to deal with customer service a lot. Since this pandemic customer service has been nonexistent. Have you tried logging into the forums from another computer? browsers have tightened security in recent years. I normally use Firefox but if I have issues I will try Chrome. To contact EA customer support seems to be dependent on the time of day based on the hours that EA customer support is open. I have used the call back feature a few times and seems to work well. The call back may not be available where you are. Helpers in these forums do not have access to help users with account issues. You might try social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc) might work although I have never tried them.

Message 15 of 20 (627 Views)

★★★ Novice
@roberta591 I've tried other browsers and still no reset password link. I've been at this for several months. What I've been discussing here is only referencing my experience this past evening.
As for EA customer service, my experience last night when I initially tried, chat was grayed out and it did occur to me that no one was available that late at night. At that time, while it said I could email or call there were no links and no phone number or even a "call me back" link. When I tried early this morning I finally had a chat link to click and I told you what happened there. I did reach someone and they ditched me after asking my name. I even received the email that I mentioned, saying that someone would respond soon. Other than Peer you are the only one to respond. I'm thinking that Peer was the person that email was referring to, but they didn't appear interested in sticking around.

Anyway, thanks...
Message 16 of 20 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@dustygirl68 Hey, please check your DMs, I've sent you a message, hopefully we can get this sorted.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 17 of 20 (586 Views)

Unable to login to Sims Forums

★★★ Novice

I've looked at the other options on the Answers HQ about clearing cache, closing all browsers, resetting EA and Origin passwords, and even though I can login to Origin and EA just fine, the Sims Forums is still not letting me login. It recognises my username so when I press sign in it's already there and asks me to input a password. I tried all my passwords I could remember from over the years, I reset EA and Origin passwords and tried those as well, and Sims Forums still won't let me login. I tried the Register button as others suggested, but of course it already recognises my username as already active. I went on my EA account and under Game specific Identities, it's the same username I've always used, so it's not like I'm trying to use someone else's. People suggested speaking to EA but the Live chat button isn't working and I can't use the Call option as I'm not in US or Canada and those are the only options.. I've tried opening Live Chat on Chrome, Opera and MS Edge. 

Message 18 of 20 (575 Views)

Re: Unable to login to Sims Forums

Community Manager
@SqUidG3 Hey, can you use this link and log in with your EA email address and the associated password?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/entry/signin

I'd also ask to clear cookies and cache, but it sounds like you've done so already.

If you have no luck with this route, can you send me a DM?
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 19 of 20 (523 Views)

Re: Unable to login to Sims Forums

★★★ Novice
@EA_David Hey, no luck with that either, I'll DM you.
Message 20 of 20 (486 Views)