by 99publicidentity

Original Post

Can't invite sim with "Never Weary" trait because target is sleeping

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open Relationship menu and "invite to current lot" a sim who have "Never Weary" reward trait(played sim obviously) at night.
What happens when the bug occurs? Notification appears indicating the sim is sleeping, thus can't come here.
What do you expect to see? Never Weary trait sims should come to current lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

low priority

Message 1 of 9 (509 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Can't invite sim with "Never Weary" trait because target

Hero
Might be by design.

Tagging as Unsure for now. Might move to general info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (505 Views)

★★ Guide

But this official trait's description says "never" need to sleep. How come the notification states the target is sleeping(and it's not)?

Message 3 of 9 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion
Because the phone system for denying you calling people at unsociable hours just has that as the default reason and the never sleeping thing is a recent addition to the game.

I’ve never liked the idea of needs bars that don’t go down. It’s really unrealistic to never need sleep. But as it is a thing now, you have to expect that there are edge cases like this they didn’t consider exceptions for in the original design.

For example I wouldn’t be surprised if you get a text from a never hungry sim saying “I’m starving let’s go have breakfast at the restaurant!” as a social invite.
Message 4 of 9 (485 Views)

★★ Guide
Then don't add this cheaty traits. What the EA thinking?
Message 5 of 9 (475 Views)

★★ Guide

@simvasion

It's up to you whether or not you enjoy a "glitch" or not, but this trait is 'official', not modded nor cheat(testingcheats true).

What do you think about "Free Services" trait glitch that allow players to use repeatable servies for free?

I call this a bug because the description clearly states that trait is for "single-use service". But the crinrict says it's not.

Did EA decided to add a MOD as official asset? If not, fix the glitch properly.

Message 6 of 9 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm not saying it's not a bug. I said it was reported before and not enough people were interested and it's a nice bug.

You marked this as solved ? Does this mean you no longer consider it a bug ? If not, I will move this to General info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (463 Views)

Champion
No need to be rude. And I never said this was not a bug or wrong. I remember back in The Sims 2 they had an exception system build in so that you could phone your best friend at any time of day and not get a message that they were sleeping.

I’d just rather they fix the important bugs first and not be distracted by so many minor bug posts all coming at the same, all of which would require giving QA staff time to reproduce.

The Answer HQ is a community that depends on post visibility so that other players can find the bug reports and click the Me Too buttons to show priority, which is harder when there’s so much turnover of posts dropping off the first couple of pages.

I remember last year the stereo bug that affected a lot of people after ParentHood came out. With the amount of me too reports on that, how long did it take for a fix patch to come out? One week after it was reported it was fixed.
Message 8 of 9 (459 Views)

★★ Guide

Since when I say this bug is high priority / ASAP?

> I’d just rather they fix the important bugs first and not be distracted by so many minor bug

I know this and I already agreed. Take a closer look on above report, it says "low priority".

Message 9 of 9 (444 Views)