by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Re: Can’t graft onto a plant

★★★ Novice
@SennaWales I am not
Message 11 of 21 (889 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Twilightgames14 Do you have Seasons installed? So far I have only tested in summer in an outdoor garden with summer or year-round plants. I don't have the new Eco Lifestyle pack but I do have the most recent game patch.

Message 12 of 21 (880 Views)

★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness So I created a new save and it works fine now. So for some reason that save file just won’t let me use grafting.
Message 13 of 21 (846 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Expert

@Twilightgames14 If nothing else works, I hope you are able to save your gardener Sim into your Library so you can import her into the new save. At least she will be able to complete her Aspiration.

Message 14 of 21 (4,306 Views)

★★★ Guide

I was sincerely alarmed when I saw this thread last night because I have an absurd gardening addiction too.

🙄

So obviously had to check on my garden functionality stat.

@SheriGR 

I found a number of random problems like you (mine were less devastating, but i wholly feel your pain 🙁). After experimenting it seemed most of them were related to positioning, broadly speaking. Some plants/planters that were placed using bb.moveobjects and worked fine pre-patch were no longer occupying valid positions post-patch. That wasn’t immediately obvious because the items with newly invalid positions didn’t get booted to household inventory and looked completely normal. I only clued in after moving a plant out of a planter and then trying to put it back. In those cases, actively re-positioning problem plants in build mode post-patch restored functionality. There was also a really weird issue with a UFO plant in an indoor single plant pot that was placed without fine-tuning position and which was completely accessible, but which wouldn’t register that it was being watered, despite the animation completing. Moving it outside solved that problem temporarily. But...winter is coming. (yep. total GoT reference.). Basically, the long way of saying: maybe some of your gardening woes might resolved if you tweak the problem objects in build mode. I have a running list of minor bugs that ill cross reference to bug reports soon, but wanted to share this specifically  in case it helps. Following a similar line of thought, buying/replacing buggy objects (e.g., your errant sprinkler) is prob worth a shot. Good luck!

🍀

@Twilightgames14 

Glad you fig’d out you had a buggy save file. It probably wouldn’t have cross my mind to try that, actually, since i would have assumed the patch caused the bug and any game file i created before the patch would have been affected. Kudos to you! When you say you created a new save, do you mean you reverted to a previous point in your game by loading an older save and played that forward? Just curious - I mentally file potential solutions for future use.

🙃

Note: All of my buggy plants were partially functional. For example, I could harvest them.

Message 15 of 21 (765 Views)

Champion

@suzushka Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting. I'll keep placement in mind, but when I made that greenhouse I had never even tried MOO yet, so moo-placement is not the issue in mine. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a combo of things. For now I plan to stay out of that lot, and I want to build atm, but eventually I will end up testing plants more thoroughly.

My main gardening households are millionaires, and I have their plants saved in my library (and the gallery) so if worse comes to worse I'll re-download my garden plants after they fix it. I'll survive since I mostly build now, but I am crazy about gardening in-game, so I hope they fix it soon.

Thanks for sharing your findings!! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 16 of 21 (753 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SheriGR Np. I really should make use of the gallery as the free Sim-cloud storage that it technically is. That’s super smart. I wrote it off initially as mainly a sharing platform, since I don’t have any friends that play. but when i first saw someone mention it a few wks ago, it was a true lightbulb moment.
Message 17 of 21 (729 Views)

Champion

@suzushka I actually don't use it for that. I keep a copy of anything I want to make sure is saved in my library, and only share certain of these with the gallery. The reason I shared a version of each of my plants to the gallery, plus my 'mulit-plants', is because others download them. Many of them are perfect, and some are spliced to include all base-game harvestables of a 'type' (fruits, veggies, herbs, tree fruits), and one has all flowers, spliced into perfect sage so they are year-round. Great choice for a small coking garden and income - or a florist. Plus some download for ingredients to make recipes/spells/etc. Kind-of gallery shopping, if they want. (Or is some bug broke or deleted your hard work/plants.)

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 18 of 21 (698 Views)

★★★ Novice
@suzushka So I just made a completely new save file with a new household. I’m definitely going to try and put that household back into my new save file and see if that works but unfortunately that whole save file just would not work for grafting plants
Message 19 of 21 (676 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Twilightgames14 How do you create a new save for the same sim? I have the same issue on a save that I play 3 families with.
Message 20 of 21 (646 Views)