Re: Can’t graft onto a plant

by Twilightgames14

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t graft onto a plant

★★★ Novice

I can no longer graft ANYTHING. It doesn’t even give me the option to graft onto a plant. All I can do is take a cutting but i can’t graft that cutting into any plant. My sim is a level 10 Gardner and I can’t advance her aspiration without grafting. This happened just after the June 3rd update. Please help

Message 1 of 21 (3,786 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Expert

@Twilightgames14 If nothing else works, I hope you are able to save your gardener Sim into your Library so you can import her into the new save. At least she will be able to complete her Aspiration.

View in thread

Message 14 of 21 (4,326 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

@Twilightgames14 I am not able to reproduce this in my game. My level 10 gardening Sim is still able to graft onto plants after the most recent updates. Have you tried repairing your game through Origin?

Message 2 of 21 (3,739 Views)

★★★ Novice

The cutting from the plant doesn’t come up into her inventory and so I can’t splice it onto a plant 

Message 3 of 21 (3,729 Views)

Champion

@Twilightgames14 I, like @RandomBuzziness, cannot reproduce in my game. I tested with grafting from shoots my level 10 gardener had in her inventory from before the patch and she could graft on two different shoots in a row that were queued up onto another plant. She could also get a new shoot from a plant and graft it onto a different plant.

I did find, however, that the plant never re-grew. It went to half size after the grafting, and I waited and waited through a whole Sim week and saw no growth. I have seasons., and it is a very large, nice, enclosed greenhouse. They were well cared for.

Some normal things went on with the plants in the greenhouse, but many abnormal things happened also (very, very shortly after the graft the Money Trees grew, all of the other trees deleted, and over half the plants went to a dirt pile and never regrew throughout the entire 7 days that I watched).

I love gardening in my game so this was painful to watch. My sprinklers were also on for days on end, as was the fireplace that is supposed to auto-shut off. (Yes, the greenhouse is enclosed - the sprinklers were added by making a sunken room, deleting a wall, adding them, then re-adding the wall.)

I mentioned all of this to give a general picture of the fact that things may not be acting normally in a few ways in regards to the plants for now from what I see, and if you run into these other issues you'll know it's not just in your game. Please try the game repair that @RandomBuzziness recommended. Since both she and I could not reproduce your grafting block, at least that may work for you then... though I have not done the aspiration, so I hope the aspiration is achieved with the successful graft, not by waiting for it to produce. <sigh>

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 21 (3,712 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Twilightgames14 Sometimes when installing a game patch through Origin some of the files do not download properly. This will likely cause problems in your game-play. A game Repair compares your installed game files with the files on the Origin server and re-downloads any files that are different. It won't make any changes to your game saves but if you'd like to be extra cautious you can make copies of your Saves and Tray folders and keep them in a safe place, like an external drive or on your desktop. Also, if you have any mods in your game, you might want to remove those first before running the Repair. It only takes a few minutes to run, depending on the speed of your computer and the number of game packs you own, and it can often fix problems that pop up shortly after a installing a game patch.

Message 5 of 21 (3,680 Views)

★★★ Novice
How would I go about doing a game repair?
Message 6 of 21 (3,677 Views)

★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness I figured it out and I did a repair but it still didn’t work and the cuttings are not showing up in my inventory still
Message 7 of 21 (3,663 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Twilightgames14 Which plants specifically are you trying to graft? I can try further testing in my game.

Message 8 of 21 (3,627 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Are you trying to do it on the vertical planter? Several options are not available there for some reason.

Message 9 of 21 (3,595 Views)

★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness I have tried every plant. I have a huge garden with lots of plants and none of them will give me cuttings but it still gives the effect of cutting it. Like if I do it more than a couple times it kills the plant.
Message 10 of 21 (3,589 Views)