Can't get to my baby to take care of her + build mode acting weird

by arominvahvenne

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't get to my baby to take care of her + build mode acting weird

★★ Novice

Hello! I have a problem with taking care of a baby: even though route is clear, my sim complains that she cannot go to solve the baby's needs. I am doing 100 babies challenge and I have had plenty of other babies in the excat same bassinet before with no problems and I have also been able to get to this one before today. I tried shift + reset object for both the sim and the baby, which did not help. When I went to build mode, I could not move the baby or other objects but instead all the objects I tried to move were dublicated, which hasn't happened before. Therefore I can't even change the order of the furniture in the room, which sometimes solves routing issues. I didn't know how to google this issue, so I'm asking here.

I have no cc or mods and I've never used any. I didn't even use moveobjects cheat for this build. I have mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. I don't have a lot of space on my hard drive, but sims 4 and the few extensions I have have been working ok before and I haven't downloaded anything to my computer between playing today and playing yesterday, so I don't think that's the issue.

Here's a link to two screenshots. The sim is able to go right next to the baby but can't solve her needs (baby is doing okay now because I restarted the game without saving, which also didn't help). https://imgur.com/a/wdFC8Uw

Message 1 of 4 (529 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't get to my baby to take care of her + build mode acting weird

★★ Novice
@arominvahvenne sorry issue solved by myself, idk if i should remove this post? I think the baby was inside the wall for some reason? I moved the wall back and forth and now all is well and I could move the baby in build mode again and access her.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (515 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@arominvahvenne sorry issue solved by myself, idk if i should remove this post? I think the baby was inside the wall for some reason? I moved the wall back and forth and now all is well and I could move the baby in build mode again and access her.
Message 2 of 4 (516 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@arominvahvenne You can mark your post that says how you resolved your issue as the solution. This will help others find your post who may have the same issue.
Message 3 of 4 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I know you got it fixed, but I thought I'd share for folks who can't quite get it to work. Something like this happened to me once, but the baby somehow spawned a couple tiles OFF my lot. Not an ideal nursery.

My solution was to evict the family, then move them back in. This would probably have worked here, too.

Message 4 of 4 (455 Views)