Re: Can't find the Community Board

by Gramcrackrs

Original Post

Can't find the Community Board

★★ Apprentice

I started a new town in New Crest for my Medium Career Sim.   All the citizens are wearing paper bags over their heads.  One of my Sims needs to make a change on the voting after he collects the needed signatures but the Community Board doesn't show up even after the cheats are used.  I thought I read somewhere that buydebug no longer works?  So how do I get the paper bags of the citizens heads?  Does my Sim have to go to Eco town and use the only Community Board in the game?  And where does he get the needed signatures?  Eco town or his town, New Crest?  The mail box says voting is closed in New Crest.  Permanently I guess.   This is maddening.

Message 1 of 11 (13,348 Views)

@Gramcrackrs  You can try the workaround listed here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-ECO-Community-space-items-not-there-Community-Board...

I'd be happy to merge your post with that bug thread if you want, but since your question is more about gameplay, I figured you should decide.  Feel free to click Me Too or post there separately.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (13,335 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Gramcrackrs 

In addition to what @puzzlezaddict wrote any mailbox can be used. Only place where it is required is on a community lot. if you are building such a one. otherwise you would not be able to change between the different spaces.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 11 (13,323 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you puzzleaddict. I'll check out the link. I appreciate it.

Message 4 of 11 (13,306 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Thank you jpkarlsen.  The mail box that came with the lot doesn't work so will try a 'newer' mail box.

Message 5 of 11 (13,305 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The different mail boxes I've tried so far  not have the vote option.   The game no longer gives a voting is closed notice either.  Plan to look for that Community Board lot in the gallery.  Just have not had time.

Message 6 of 11 (13,280 Views)

Champion

@Gramcrackrs in addition to the remarks that are made in earlier posts. Voting for your own neighborhood through the mailbox can only be done in the weekends, from Friday evening 6 PM till Sunday 6 PM. And when you want to repeal, you can also use your own mailbox but then you will have to have the testingcheats enabled. Just shift click the mailbox and repeal the NAP you don't want. After repealing you can try to replace it with a NAP of your choice.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 7 of 11 (13,249 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks!  I didn't remember the weekend restriction.  The mail box has the voting options so the repeal is on the  ballot.  Haven't been able to get back to the game yet to see if it worked.    I truly appreciate all the help.

Message 8 of 11 (13,204 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Cannot find community board anywhere in build mode cannot get my sims in willow creek to stop wearing paper bags, have tried repeal, have tried to disable in game options in the game packs section,why have an options if it does not work, it is wasting my game.I play on the PS4 and I do not use cheats I have spent many hundreds of ££££ on this game but it was not to see it re cycled into paper bags

Message 9 of 11 (13,040 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@macca53 

You can not find the community board in Build/Buy. You don't need it either. Click on your mailbox to start a repeal. Changing the settings will have no effect on existing NAPs but stops others from being voted in unless you vote for them. You can also use cheats. Open the cheat console and type testingcheats on and close it. then you can shift-click on the mailbox and instantly repeal any NAP you want.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 11 (13,019 Views)