Re: Can't find plate of food in the room!

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Can't find plate of food in the room!

★★★★ Apprentice

So yeah this is going to be strange, but anyways, I'm playing the Spencer Kim household. And I tried to lock that room that's in the far corner of the house on the 1st floor to everyone but Eric because I wanted that to be his personal office. However Their Kid, Olivia wouldn't have it! After she finished eating, she got up, took her bowl of cereal and started walking into that room because there is a bathroom in that room and she was going to use the sink. She suddenly stopped as she entered the room somehow and put the plate away. Then when I tried to make her leave the room she started waving her hand and the no walking bubble popped up, I am like I know its locked for her so how did she get in there the first place? Anyways I thought she had put the bowl of cereal in her inventory but she didn't! It is somewhere on the floor because I see sims trying to go there but they can't get to it after I have unlocked the door to see if any sims can get the bowl. Sims that walk into the room get that thought bubble of the cereal bowl, then I see a command pop up but quickly disappear as if they are trying to get to it but can't. I've even tried deleting the surrounding area and still can't find the bowl of cereal! Any ideas of how to unstick a stuck or hidden plate of food?

Message 1 of 5 (1,027 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Takata5 

Try to hire a maid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (1,015 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Nope! Didn't work! I tried hiring a maid and she did the same thing! They just walked to where the plate is, smelled it then walked away!

Message 3 of 5 (993 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Takata5 

With a scheduled maid try to leave the house before the maid comes then return after her shift. You will get a notification that "A maid cleaned your house while you were gone". Everything dirty should now have been removed by the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (964 Views)

★★ Guide
@Takata5 Have you looked around with the walls up? Too often they place the plate on shelves they can't get them back down from. it can have been placed in the bookshelf or among all the decore that is in the room that they can't route to.
Message 5 of 5 (941 Views)