Re: Can't edit NPC sims with testing cheats since yesterdays update

by pettimadame

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't edit NPC sims with testing cheats since yesterdays update

★★★ Novice

Since yesterday's update, I'm having trouble editing NPC sims using testing cheats. I am able to edit them, but when I finish, I'm sent back to my sims home lot (without my played sim). Is there a way around this?

Thanks for your help! ^_^

Message 1 of 8 (626 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@pettimadame Did you test that on a new save to see if it's related to a certain save or generally happening ?

Does the family itself still show in the panel and they are just invisible or are they gone from the panel ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (569 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

It might be a bug which means you'll have to post it in the respectful forum. Have you tried the usual solutions? 

Removing your mods folder? Repairing the game? rechecking if you enter the correct cheat? I know all of these sound silly but they need to be rechecked before sending your bug report Standard smile 

Message 2 of 8 (606 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply!! Yes, yes, and yes! I wasn't playing with any mods at all after the update, I tried several times just to be sure I wasn't mistaken. I also did an origin repair right after at the suggestion of someone else before I came here! I deleted cache files, too. I wasn't *sure* it was a bug, but it does seem like it. This is my first post so I'm not sure where to put bug reports. 

:-) Thanks again for your reply!

Message 3 of 8 (589 Views)

Hero
@pettimadame Did you test that on a new save to see if it's related to a certain save or generally happening ?

Does the family itself still show in the panel and they are just invisible or are they gone from the panel ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (570 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict It's a single sim- but the Sim is still visible in the panel. They are just still at the public lot where I entered CAS. I actually haven't tested with another save yet. It was a brand new save- but it's still possible! I'll add this reply as the solution if it is indeed the save itself. Thanks for your reply!
Message 5 of 8 (536 Views)

Hero
@pettimadame Can you get your Sim home by clicking on the icon or is it all greyed out and you can't do anything ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (523 Views)

★★★ Novice

Its all greyed out. I have to go to manage worlds and re-select my Sim.

Message 7 of 8 (513 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Turns out it was just my save. Not sure what I did that caused the issue but it was a relatively new save so I'll be okay. Going to delete it and start over. Thank you for the help! :-)
Message 8 of 8 (503 Views)