by CobbleWoods

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't create emotional paintings

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: everything except Snowy Escape Game packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Realm of Magic Stuff packs: Everything except Spooky Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, and Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if you can, because nobody else seems to have the problem, but it happens in every new game for me.
What happens when the bug occurs? My painter gets a flirty or confident moodlet (only 2 I've tried so far) and goes to easel to try and do an emotional painting, but there are no options available for a flirty or confident painting. All my painters are stuck on the "3 emotional paintings" requirement, because my game simply does not allow me to do them (I am assuming this will hold for sad and such as well).
What do you expect to see? When my Sim has a flirty moodlet and clicks on an easel, I expect to see an option to paint a flirty painting. When I have a confident moodlet, I expect to see an option for a confident painting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

The first screen shot shows the pink moodlet from a steamy shower, which gives +1 Flirty. The second screen shot shows what options are available when I then immediately (you can still see the pink bar from the moodlet) click on the easel. This is a brand new game for me, so I'm basing my expectations on research I did when I kept getting asked to paint "emotional pictures" and I couldn't figure out how to do it. From what I read in multiple guides, there should be another option for a type of painting that reflects the current qualifying moodlet.

Message 1 of 7 (3,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't create emotional paintings

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CobbleWoods On the screenshot your main mood is inspired.

It needs to say flirty.

One flirty moodlet isn't enough.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (3,263 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@CobbleWoods Did a quick test and they do show up for me.

Could you try another Sim to see if they have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (3,303 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The Sim that I posted the screen shots of was the 2nd try. When I had the problem the first time, it was in a game where I had used one cheat, and I thought maybe that had messed it up. So I created a new game with nothing but a single painter, and focused immediately on that and nothing else — very pure game. Happened again.

Message 3 of 7 (3,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CobbleWoods To be sure, The main mood was flirty when you didn't have the option, right ? I just tested that part.

Actually not sure if inspired has a painting or if it's called differently. I'll check on that.

EDIT: Actually there isn't. So the flirty one remains.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783645/emotional-paintings (it's an old thread but it should still be this way)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (3,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrictThe mood in the screen shots was flirty. Inspired does not have a painting. I have also tried with confident, which should have one, and I'm not getting it with that option either. I haven't tried it yet with sad or whatever the other possible moods are.

I also just thought to try running Repair on the game, but that still didn't make it show up. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to do a whole uninstall and reinstall, but I'm hoping it won't come to that.

Message 5 of 7 (3,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CobbleWoods On the screenshot your main mood is inspired.

It needs to say flirty.

One flirty moodlet isn't enough.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (3,264 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  Ah, thanks! Not one of the guides I consulted specified that — they all just said take a steamy shower and you're good to go.

Now I'm kicking myself because I actually untinstalled and started the hours-long process of reinstalling. But it's definitely good to know for when I've got it all going again!

Message 7 of 7 (3,255 Views)