Re: Can't click on anything but my game is still running

by SheriGR

Original Post

Can't click on anything but my game is still running

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have been having this problem lately with my game. I will start playing my with my household and then I will go in and edit the apartment. When I try to go back and play everything on the screen is gone. My sims are still moving but I cannot click on anything.  I can't even exit out of The Sims 4, the only way I can get out is restarting my computer. 

I've went through all my CC and Mods and deleted every broken file, I've deleted cache, repairing my game, and reinstalling origin.

Message 1 of 2 (392 Views)

Re: Can't click on anything but my game is still running

[ Edited ]
Champion

@OpenTillMidnight Sorry for your frustration! Even though you have removed broken files in your Mods, can you please try the following for me so that we can check on them I a slightly different way. This will help tremendously in the troubleshooting process, so please bear with me, even though you have tried much of this already.

Please try the following in this exact order without skipping any steps, even if you have done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder (When you restart the restart the game the game will re-create the folder). Also delete any other files in the 'Sims 4' folder that end with the word 'cache'.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any or your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If It fixes the situation you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (375 Views)