Can't check in sick pet at vet clinic

by louise4games

Original Post

Can't check in sick pet at vet clinic

★★★ Newbie

Hi All,

My pet has been sick for months now and every time I bring my pet to the Vet Clinic, all options at the check in are greyed out and I can't select any of them.

Could someone please help me?

Thanks a million!

Message 1 of 2 (1,458 Views)

Re: Can't check in sick pet at vet clinic

[ Edited ]
Champion

@louise4games First, can I clarify - does this Sim family own the vet clinic? I found out the hard way that Sims cannot treat their own pets.  Also, you can try purchasing the wellness treat from the vending machine at the clinic (I stock up on them) and feed it to your own pet when they're sick. This oftentimes does the trick and is much more efficient than a vet visit. Anyway...

Do you have Mods/CC, or did you have them in the past? If you do/did its possible there is a conflict with a Mod/CC causing the issue (or some cache left in the game from a removed Mod/CC). To test if this may be the issue, if you had or have Mods/CC, please try the following:

Move your Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. If the issue is gone, please re-add the Mods/CC one at a time until you find the one causing the issue. If you have a lot of Mods/CC you can try the 50/50 Method.

Did you do a game repair? How to run a game repair:
• Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game
• If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs).
• If you’re on Mac, the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

You can also see if the issue is present in a new game save. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (1,430 Views)