Can't change language on multi-lingual copy of Sims 4

by Shegnanny

Original Post

Can't change language on multi-lingual copy of Sims 4

★ Novice

I bought (some time ago) the version of Sims 4 digital deluxe that supports many languages. My computer and origin app were both in English at the time so I didn't think anything of it but now I'm trying to change it NOTHING is working! I specifically bought the non language specific one so I could switch..

I've tried changing my origin app language, reinstalling etc. but it still only offers me en_US.. I understand I won't be able to get a refund now but is there really no way to change the language still? I can't tell is this something wrong on my end or EA's?

Message 1 of 8 (5,172 Views)

Re: Can't change language on multi-lingual copy of Sims 4

You should be able to change the language. Did you try it this way:
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/choose-the-language/ ?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (5,154 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've tried that! The only option in the language drop-down menu was en_US. I spent several hours searching forums and youtube for a solution before I posted here, but all I could find was other people having similar issues with languages that weren't resolved.

I even tried to contact EA through the live chat and it wouldn't let me do that...

Really I've tried everything legal that I possibly can...

Message 3 of 8 (5,141 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try to repair the game. Rightclick it in Origin and select Repair.

See if you then have more language options.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (5,135 Views)

★ Novice

Just tried this with no success. Thankyou for the suggestion but it hasn't given me more options.

Message 5 of 8 (5,130 Views)

Hero

Hi @Shegnanny

depending on where you bought the game, you probably got a single-language copy.

Was Support not able to help you or did you not get through them ? If the latter, did you try a different browser ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (5,125 Views)

★ Novice

Thankyou, I'll try the support line on another browser.

I bought the game in England through Origin, but I did check that multiple languages were supported when I downloaded it. Is it still possible that I ended up with a single language version??

I've not had this problem with other Sims games even though I bought the Sims 3 in the same country and in the same year.

Message 7 of 8 (5,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

UK is usually single-language, yes.

Don't know why it wasn't the case for Sims 3.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (5,103 Views)