Can't change hair for all outfits

by Jessycaz

Original Post

Can't change hair for all outfits

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs except star war, all stuff packs except fitness and Mossimo
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a Sim with different hairstyles for all outfits. Save the game. Change hairstyles so that they are all the same. Save the game. Go into Create a Sim and change the hairstyle from the everyday outfit.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only the hairstyle on the everyday outfit changes, the rest don't change to match, as they would with a Sim that always had all hairstyles the same.
What do you expect to see? If all hairstyles are the same, changing the everyday hairstyle should change all outfit hairstyles, as it would with a Sim that never had different hairstyles.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As stated above, I had a Sim who had different hairstyles for all outfits. I changed them so that hairstyles for all outfits were the same. Later, I went to CAS to change her hair and changing the main everyday hairstyle did not change the rest of the hairstyles. She is not an occult Sim. I even made her bald in all outfits, saved the game, then changed her everyday hairstyle and again that was the only one that changed. 

Message 1 of 3 (4,665 Views)

Re: Can't change hair for all outfits

Hero
@Jessycaz was that ever different ?

I mean if it would always just change everything when you click on everyday once you changed them all, it' might not be desired? Cause what if you want to change just everyday. Since there's no check mark, I think it was always the case that once you changed one individually, it stuck to that.

I think the way it works is that once you changed one manually, it gets saved as individual one, even if you save it to the same one

You don't even have to leave CAS for this to happen. Once you change one, it doesn't change with everyday anymore but I don't think that was ever different (unless I'm remembering this wrong).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (4,634 Views)

Re: Can't change hair for all outfits

Champion

Hello @Jessycaz !  I agree with @crinrict .  Once you change any hairstyle other than the everyday, the game removes that default hairstyle option.  Most of the time my sims have the same hairstyle for every outfit.  So if I change the first everyday hairstyle it becomes the default style for the other outfits.  When I change any other outfit hairstyle first, then that is the only one that changes.  It's kind of annoying because quite often when I go to CAS, the sim is wearing something else; like sleep or athletic.  I only have a couple sims with different hairstyles for various outfits and I've noticed I have to change each one every time.  It would be nice if there was an option like "set as default hairstyle for all outfits".

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 3 (4,625 Views)