Can't celebrate birthday?

by jorgen0412

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't celebrate birthday?

★★★ Novice

I tried googling this issue but didn't find an answer. I tried disabling my mods (I only have custom hair and clothes but tried anyway), exiting and reloading, putting the cake in the fridge and taking it out, switching households, etc. Nothing works.

My sim had a baby, and when the toddler was ready to age into a child I couldn't throw her a birthday party. I tried the day before she aged, the day she was supposed to age (with the bar full and sparkling and saying 0 days left), both at night and during the day. The option was greyed out and just said "No sims in this household are having their birthday today". I even tried making a cake so I could put the birthday topper on and age her that way, but I didn't have the option. The day of her birthday she came home from school and aged up and was sad.

Now she's ready to age up into a teenager and I'm having the same problem. The "No one in this household are having their birthday" message, the option greyed out, no option for birthday topper on the cake and the child's age bar is full and sparkling. 

What do I do? I really want to throw her a birthday party so she won't be sad again Frown

Message 1 of 8 (12,552 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't celebrate birthday?

Champion

@jorgen0412, after you do what @jpkarlsen suggested, just know that sometimes a cake has to be placed just right on a surface to get the interaction to add and blow out birthday candles.  Raised eyebrow  For some strange reason, cakes do not "like" some surfaces for birthdays, or you might have the correct surface, but the cake isn't in the perfect place to get the birthday interactions! Sick  But advice is only for after you have done what jpkarlsen suggested and remove your entire Mods/CC folder!  CC/Mods can mess with anything.  (You can temporarily remove the Mods folder and see if the creators of those Mods/CC have updated them to work with the latest Sims 4 update.  Mods have to be updated as the actual game gets updated). Confused

Please update us on if you got the birthday cake to work or not! Best of luck and Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (12,926 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Please move your mods folder to some where else such as the desktop. Then try the game again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (12,540 Views)

Champion

@jorgen0412, after you do what @jpkarlsen suggested, just know that sometimes a cake has to be placed just right on a surface to get the interaction to add and blow out birthday candles.  Raised eyebrow  For some strange reason, cakes do not "like" some surfaces for birthdays, or you might have the correct surface, but the cake isn't in the perfect place to get the birthday interactions! Sick  But advice is only for after you have done what jpkarlsen suggested and remove your entire Mods/CC folder!  CC/Mods can mess with anything.  (You can temporarily remove the Mods folder and see if the creators of those Mods/CC have updated them to work with the latest Sims 4 update.  Mods have to be updated as the actual game gets updated). Confused

Please update us on if you got the birthday cake to work or not! Best of luck and Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 3 of 8 (12,927 Views)

★★★ Novice
As I said at the top of my post, I tried playing without mods. It didn't work. I'll try other surfaces when I get home 👍
Message 4 of 8 (12,522 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Disabling Mods is not the same as moving the Mods folder to somewhere else. If however that was what you meant that is fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (12,518 Views)

Champion

@jorgen0412, were you ever able to celebrate your Sim's birthday with a cake yet? Wondering

Message 6 of 8 (12,480 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was! I had to place the cake on various surfaces, and it suddenly worked on a round table! Thank you. Still not sure why I couldn't arrange a birthday party (I've played with different sims since then and I can't make a party for any of them) but at least my sim didn't get sad, so thank you!

Message 7 of 8 (12,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jorgen0412, I'm so glad you got it to work! Standard smile :eahigh_file: I don't know why it is so tricky to place the cake so that it will allow you to celebrate a birthday.  I usually just do the birthday cake with out a party since I don't often bother with any kind of parties in my game. Embarrassed  But I agree with you in that I don't want my Sims to be sad all day!  Especially the children! Frown  So, due to my lack of experience with parties, I can't help you on how to make a party.  I don't even know if there is a bug with birthday parties or not. Wondering But if I hear anything about it soon, I'll let you know! Wink

I'm glad your Sim is happy! (And you too!) Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 8 of 8 (12,452 Views)