Re: Can't Wash Cat Sprayed by Skunk

by Player_jp5s5eav

Original Post

Can't Wash Cat Sprayed by Skunk

★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for a cat to get sprayed by a skunk. There's no option to wash the cat.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't wash the cat after it was sprayed by a skunk.
What do you expect to see? That the cat can be washed when they have been sprayed by a skunk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I mean, who wouldn't wash their cat if it got sprayed by a skunk? It doesn't matter that it's a cat, if it's sprayed by a skunk you wash it.

Is this by design, an oversight, or a bug? Cats can't get bathed otherwise, but maybe the option to bathe them is meant to appear when they have been sprayed by a skunk, meaning that it would be a bug that the option doesn't appear.

Message 1 of 6 (16,724 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd I don't think it's a bug cause it would require work to make the bathing animation for cats.

Moving this to general info as feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (16,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@crinrictOkay, I guess the cats have to be smelly for three days then. 😂

Message 3 of 6 (16,707 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had this problem yesterday, the simple answer is that you are not able to wash your cat in TS4 but if you can brush your cat which in some cases will clean it but if your cat is sprayed by a skunk you have to wait it out as Ea have not yet added a way to get rid of it.

Hope this helped Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (16,679 Views)

★ Novice

Faced this too yesterday, and met a (maybe) fix to it.

Taking the cat to the vet for a check-up seems to have removed it. Took it for a check-up, gave it preventative stuff and et tu voila, stench is gone.

Feel free to try it. Might've been a one-time thing on my end but I'll take whatever I can get.

Message 5 of 6 (16,279 Views)

★ Guide

That fix sounds logical. It would be like sending a cat to a professional groomer to solve the problem. I think I know why EA avoided giving the wash cat option: cats have a high chance of becoming ill or traumatized by the experience. IRL, compared to dogs, cats are a lot less tolerant to shampoos, conditioners and such treatments, so a person really has to check the labels carefully to make sure they don't make the cat sick. Never give a cat a flea dip to get rid of fleas: that can make them deathly ill. Then there is of course the chance of the experience causing the cat to experience trauma. That is a lot of stuff to consider, so to keep the game play simple, play it safe and avoid possible backlash from cat enthusiasts, they likely just left out the bathe cat option.

Frankly, though... I'd like the option to hire a gardener that can go hack down the offensive bush that represents "a skunk" or a "rabid squirrel".

Message 6 of 6 (16,233 Views)