Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Move Objects Outside the Grid

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By building a new lot anywhere and placing a window on a wall, though it does the same thing with any item.
What happens when the bug occurs? ALT with Sims 3 camera, doesn't move objects anymore and the bb.moveobjects cheat doesn't do it either.
What do you expect to see? Be able to move furniture and windows around with either alt or the bb.moveobjects cheat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So my problem/bug is that I tried to build a new house in Newcrest. Everything was fine until I tried to center the window on the second floor. Neither ALT (while using Sims 3 camera) nor the bb.moveobjects cheat worked, the window keeps slapping onto the grid or a bit up and down. I tried sizing it as well with SHIFT + [ or SHIFT + ] and while it worked the background looked as if it hadn't (took a screenshot of that). 

Here's what I've tried. I do have cc and mods but I removed them and the problem persisted. I tried clearing the cache of the game and repairing the game via Origin. The problem persisted. I tried using the cheat in a different ways like BB.moveobjects or bb.moveobjects on or BB.moveobjects on but, while I always get the confirmation that is on, it never works. I asked a friend who plays and she's unable to use the bb.moveobjects cheat either. I also tried moving a sim to the lot as if it lived there and switch between live mode and build but the problem persisted

Message 1 of 4 (10,188 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Move Objects Outside the Grid

@DevilWoman024

You can only move some windows up and down using ALT, not from side to side on the horizontal. You cannot size them up and down properly either, that is why you are getting the result in your screenshot.

As @simvasion has stated, this is not a bug.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (10,080 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@DevilWoman024 I don't think this is a bug. Build mode things like doors and windows must be on a grid to work. You can't move them freely, even with cheats like moveobjects or holding ALT.
Message 2 of 4 (10,110 Views)

@DevilWoman024

You can only move some windows up and down using ALT, not from side to side on the horizontal. You cannot size them up and down properly either, that is why you are getting the result in your screenshot.

As @simvasion has stated, this is not a bug.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 4 (10,081 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you to both of you :O I thought I had seen others move them more freely. My mistake, I'm sorry

Message 4 of 4 (10,044 Views)