Re: Can’t Change “Special Venue” Lot Type

by KushKylie

Original Post

Can’t Change “Special Venue” Lot Type

★ Guide

I’m trying to place the Summer Festival from the gallery (I’m on console) into the Central Park lot in the city, but it’s telling me the lot type is disabled for special venues. 

Ive googled this issue and found it was a bug in relation to them, and they said it had been fixed, but am I able to change this lot type now? Or is it permanently fixed to be a Park? Is the lot broken, or intentionally locked? 

I really really want the summer festival to be an active venue! 

Message 1 of 13 (9,459 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The festivals are special events that only appear on special lots occasionally. You can not create a permanent festival.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 13 (9,437 Views)

★ Guide

@jpkarlsen  I know that. This particular lot is one created by the sim community and it came with the city living expansion. I placed it down where the park was in the city, but it won’t allow me to change the venue to say... a lounge or karaoke bar so that people will at least visit and use the facilities on the lot. 

Message 3 of 13 (9,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I'm sorry but this seems to be on purpose. You can place the various stalls on a lot by themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 13 (9,415 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hi! Did you ever figure out this lot? When ever I visit it, no one it there, even though it is supposed to be a "central park" area.

Message 5 of 13 (9,345 Views)

Summer Festival: Community Lot - Any info PLEASE!

★★★★ Guide

Hi Simmers! 

Sooo... I love the idea of the Summer Festival community lot, available when "City Living" is downloaded. However, whenever I visit this lot, with an active Sim, no one else is there, EXCEPT ME! It's labeled as a, "Central Park" area, but no one visits. Is there a trick to this that I do not know about? For instance, will this become an "active" lot once I download the, "Seasons" expansion?

Please... any information will be helpful

Message 6 of 13 (9,359 Views)

Re: Summer Festival: Community Lot - Any info PLEASE!

Champion

@MzMelonz, do you mean the park in the bottom right corner of the San Myshuno map?  In my game it is called Myshuno Meadows and the type of venue is a Central Park.  Did you perhaps download another park made to be put in place here? Wondering  There are people milling around the park, not many at first, but more and more people showed up.  There were food vendors and customers in the semi-circular area where the food stalls are, and there was a bartender and someone playing violin in the area off to the left of the food area.  But my park is not labled Summer Festival.  I do have Seasons, but Seasons isn't required for any venue in San Myshuno to be active as Seasons isn't required for the City Living pack (City Living came out before Seasons did. Wink )

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 13 (9,344 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@KushKylie  @MzMelonz 
The lot designation "Central Park" is specific to this location. It is not the same as a "Park" lot type.

The lot with the building serves as a sort of landing point to the area. Other Sims do visit the surrounding fishing, play and entertainment areas.

As explained by @jpkarlsen there is also group of food vendors very near this spot.
Myshuno Meadows also makes a pretty wedding venue or party spot. With a few minor additions (beds/showers/etc) it can serve as a temporary residence especially for homeless Sims.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 13 (9,325 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hey! Thanks for your response. I am speaking about the lot area on the San Myshuno Map where the park, Myshuno Meadows, typically is. However, I replaced it with a park that was a Sims 4 Community Insert into the game, called, "Summer Festival." Do you know about this lot?

I've had it in other places to, but it always occurs, that no one is active at this Summer Festival lot, except the active Sim I am playing and any Sim that I manually invite. Here is a YouTube Speed Build of the lot, just in case you need a visual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkp7mwR9MAA.

Message 9 of 13 (9,313 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Impressive lot for sure!  Unfortunately at present time there is no way to create an active festival lot in the game.

Community lots that attract other Sims have specific requirements that can be seen in build mode.
The food kiosks only generate a vendor when not on an actual lot. Same with the Flea Market tables and bars.
When the food kiosks are placed your active Sim can hire a vendor and buy food from the stands.
The short answer is you can build it but that does not guarantee non-played Sims will visit.

-EQ Avid Sims player

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 10 of 13 (9,302 Views)