Re: Can not complete Errand What's the scuttlebutt.

by wombatilim

Original Post

Can not complete Errand What's the scuttlebutt.

★★ Novice

I'm on the part of the errand that asks  you to "get the gossip" and i have max friendships with most of the npc townies and none of them will give me the option to ask for juicy gossip and i cant eveasdrop on gossip either, how am i supposed to complete this errand?

gossip.jpg

Message 1 of 4 (6,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This is kind of a random chance, you need to actually find Sims who are gossiping. If you see 2 Sims talking around Finchwick, and the thought bubble shows another Sim, that's the conversation you have to butt into. Sometimes it can take a few days of hanging around to find it. Helps to either live there, or otherwise the Fair might be your best chance, unless you want to hang out at the Pub all day.

It's not always locals doing the gossiping, either, they might be someone visiting from another area.

Message 2 of 4 (6,346 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever figure this out? I’m watching Geoffrey and Nancy Landgrab gossip about the mayor IN FRONT OF the mayor.. but there’s no option to eaves drop! What am I doing wrong, or is it a glitch? 

Message 3 of 4 (2,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just click on randomly generated townies, and a couple of them might have the 'eavesdrop on gossip' interaction (it shows up right away, you don't have to look for it in 'friendly'). I don't think eavesdropping actually works, they are always too guarded. You have to raise your friendship with that person, and eventually when you click the 'eavesdrop' interaction, they'll just tell you the gossip, since you're such good friends.

Message 4 of 4 (1,333 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help