Re: Can i skip save files when moving them to a new computer?

by crinrict

Original Post

Can i skip save files when moving them to a new computer?

★★★ Apprentice

I just got a new computer and wanted to move my sims 4 save files from my old one to the new one but when trying to put the files on my flash drive a lot of the files had Error 0x8007045D come up so I was wondering can I skip like save ver 3 and go straight to ver 4 or do they all have to be in my game in order to work???

Message 1 of 4 (351 Views)

Hero
@beachfossels All saves called ver0 to ver4 are automatic backups. You don't really need them. So if you skip them, that's no biggi.

Does copying give you that error ? Does the error message have more information ? Could you maybe post a screenshot of it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (330 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Copying does give me an error. I’ve also tried to upload the files that are giving me an error to google drive, one drive, and sending them to myself through email but the webpage just stops working when I try.

Message 3 of 4 (324 Views)

Hero
@beachfossels Might be a problem with your hard drive.

I would run a harddrive check by running chkdsk: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/chkdsk

Ask someone to help you with it if you don't feel tech savy enough to do it.

I would move over what you can now and leave the rest to see if you have all the important things. on the new computer. If all is there, you don't need to worry I guess.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (321 Views)