Re: Can cheats damage your game?

by dolljoonz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can cheats damage your game?

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, so I was wondering, do cheats damage your game at all?

Message 1 of 6 (3,878 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@dolljoonz  These are the cheats supported by EA for The Sims 4:
https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/how-to-cheat

You will find a lot of cheats online not listed on that page, since cheats can be handy. I would not use cheats in saves I care about though and plan to play a longer time.

The reason why EA does not support all cheats is that they cannot promise that nothing will come of it. I got no explanation to why, when I asked an EA representative about it here on AHQ, but my guess is that they don't test cheats for gameplay, since they are for development use and testing other features.

With the amount of bugs in the sims series, and how often features are released without any appearant testing, my guess is that the effect of cheats are even less tested. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (3,833 Views)

All Replies

@dolljoonz  Some cheats, when applied in the wrong context, can corrupt a save.  Most are fine though, or else the only damage they do is to something easily fixed.  For example, if you accidentally delete a relationship, you can cheat to add it back; if you use the MoveObjects cheat and make some item unusable, just move it, or the other objects around it, elsewhere.

And always save your game before trying something new.  That way, if it doesn't work out, you can quit without saving.

This is a good guide for using cheats:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/cheats.php

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (3,842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@dolljoonz  These are the cheats supported by EA for The Sims 4:
https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/how-to-cheat

You will find a lot of cheats online not listed on that page, since cheats can be handy. I would not use cheats in saves I care about though and plan to play a longer time.

The reason why EA does not support all cheats is that they cannot promise that nothing will come of it. I got no explanation to why, when I asked an EA representative about it here on AHQ, but my guess is that they don't test cheats for gameplay, since they are for development use and testing other features.

With the amount of bugs in the sims series, and how often features are released without any appearant testing, my guess is that the effect of cheats are even less tested. 

Message 3 of 6 (3,834 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks so much Standard smile
Message 4 of 6 (3,823 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@DonroaAkashu Thank you :D
Message 5 of 6 (3,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

If the premise is that the game should be enjoyable, then cheats are definitely needed. Each gamer is endowed with different abilities and has a different quality and duration of gaming experience. Thus, the same game can be very simple or very difficult for some. By using cheats, it is possible to make the game more simple or more complex so that it meets the needs of a particular user as much as possible. Personally, I have been using multiplayer game hacking for a long time. As a weak player, I need to use a variety of cheats that would keep the game interesting to me.

Message 6 of 6 (3,362 Views)