Re: Can change hairstyle, but not colour

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Can change hairstyle, but not colour

★★ Apprentice

I've just noticed that I cannot keep the hairstyle the same, but simply change the colour. Let me try to explain. Sometimes, when I'm feeling rather uncreative, I'll give a sim 5 versions of the same outfit, keep the hairstyle the same, but change the colour to coordinate. 

However, creating a new household this evening, I noticed I can no longer do this - if I change the hair colour for one version of an outfit, it changes for all (e.g. if I have a sim in a green dress with green hair, and then I add a second outfit, changing the dress to pink and the hair to match, the first outfit will also now have pink hair). If I create five outfits, they can each have different hairstyles, but not colours.

Does that make sense...? I'm pretty certain that it hasn't always been like this - has it...? Is this a bug, or a deliberate 'feature'? If the latter, I can't say I'm overly enamoured of it. I have repaired the game, in case it was merely a glitch, but it's not helped (obviously - if it had I'd not be posting).

if it doesn't make sense, and you want screenshots, let me know...

Message 1 of 4 (513 Views)

I thought this was normal, that the hair color changes on all the outfits, but not sure either. I'll give it a test.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (504 Views)

★★ Apprentice

While you're waiting for the other poster to test and re-reply, I would like to say this concerning your haircolor change issue.

In my game, I find that changing hair and colors starting from the "Everyday" Tab seems to change it permanently across the further Tab choices without me having to change the hair style and color every Tab choice. However, if I start changing the Hair style or color in the further Tabs to the right, and work to the Tabs towards the left, (Starting at Swimwear, then Party wear, then Sleepwear, then Formal wear, ) it seems to allow me to have a variety of hairstyles, etc.

However, then if I change it in Everyday wear, it may re-set the styles in the other TABs. What I would do is, first set the Hairstyle and color in Everyday wear, THEN continue to change the hairstyles from Swimwear Tab on the far left, and work my way through the Tabs from right to left, and NOT CHANGE THE HAIRSTYLE I FIRST CHOSE IN EVERYDAY TAB again.

That might work. It seems as if the EVERYDAY Tab is the easy way to choose for all wear -all tabs . But, this is not a guarantee. Just what I've experienced. I do have several hairstyles but I don't change hair colors much.

Message 3 of 4 (491 Views)

Ah I was looking for this post. I've tested it, it doesn't work for the 5 every day hairstyles, but it does work for the different type of outfits and giving it different hairstyles.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 4 (482 Views)