Can I purchase sims on this computer ?

by lilczn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I purchase sims on this computer ?

Message 1 of 2 (146 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I purchase sims on this computer ?

@lilczn  You could make the purchase, sure, as you could on any device that can load the Origin website.  But you couldn't play Sims 4 on it, at least not well.  The operating system doesn't allow apps to be installed unless they're from the Microsoft Store, which Sims 4 and Origin are not.  Upgrading to Windows 10 Home is easy, and free, but that's not the only issue.

With a 64 GB hard drive, it would be difficult to fit much more than the base game, especially if you need to store other apps or data on the laptop.  Even a few GB of custom content could be a problem.  The 4 GB RAM isn't ideal either, although the storage is a more obvious concern.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can I purchase sims on this computer ?

@lilczn  You could make the purchase, sure, as you could on any device that can load the Origin website.  But you couldn't play Sims 4 on it, at least not well.  The operating system doesn't allow apps to be installed unless they're from the Microsoft Store, which Sims 4 and Origin are not.  Upgrading to Windows 10 Home is easy, and free, but that's not the only issue.

With a 64 GB hard drive, it would be difficult to fit much more than the base game, especially if you need to store other apps or data on the laptop.  Even a few GB of custom content could be a problem.  The 4 GB RAM isn't ideal either, although the storage is a more obvious concern.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (125 Views)