Can I play Sims 4 on a Surface Laptop 3?

by luxeblueberry

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can I play Sims 4 on a Surface Laptop 3?

★★★ Novice

I'm thinking of buying a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 but wondering if Sims 4 can run on it. I've attached processor details and such, hoping someone can help me. Thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (6,343 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I play Sims 4 on a Surface Laptop 3?

@luxeblueberry  Sims 4 should definitely run on that hardware.  How well depends on the processor you choose and its integrated graphics chip, plus which expansion packs you install and how many.  (Game and Stuff Packs don't have nearly the impact of the newer EPs.)  With most or all packs, you'd be able to play on medium settings with the lower-end CPU or maybe high on one of the Intel G7 chips.

Fewer expansions means higher settings, although I doubt you'd be able to play on ultra unless you didn't mind low framerates or only had the base game and maybe a couple of stuff packs.  It would be fine to experiment with the settings though, turning up the ones you care about and leaving the others on medium.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (6,300 Views)

All Replies

@luxeblueberry  Sims 4 should definitely run on that hardware.  How well depends on the processor you choose and its integrated graphics chip, plus which expansion packs you install and how many.  (Game and Stuff Packs don't have nearly the impact of the newer EPs.)  With most or all packs, you'd be able to play on medium settings with the lower-end CPU or maybe high on one of the Intel G7 chips.

Fewer expansions means higher settings, although I doubt you'd be able to play on ultra unless you didn't mind low framerates or only had the base game and maybe a couple of stuff packs.  It would be fine to experiment with the settings though, turning up the ones you care about and leaving the others on medium.

Message 2 of 6 (6,301 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! 

Message 3 of 6 (6,280 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I dont know much about computers, are intel G7 chip part of the 13.5 Microsoft Surface laptop 3 in the attached pictures?
Message 4 of 6 (6,017 Views)

@k52lin  I don't see any pictures; did you mean to attach some?  If you're thinking of buying a particular laptop, it would be easiest for me if you linked a product page for that exact laptop, since they can come in different configurations.  If you've already bought it, you can run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 5 of 6 (5,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey I was thinking of buying the same computer. Did it work out for you?

Message 6 of 6 (5,617 Views)