Re: COVID-19

by DeLinuxS

Original Post

COVID-19

★★★ Newbie

Given the current situation throughout the world with multitudes of people being quarantined to their homes with no outside contact for the mere safety of themselves and their loved ones. Why can’t EA create an updated platform for sims 4 where players have the option to connect and play with other people around the world? This ways friends can still hang out and play the game together without risking their lives and their health. People can stay connected and even make new friends all over the world ! In a time like this i believe this would be an extremely beneficial feature for healthy socialization, connectivity, and keeping home bound people entertained! Who can I speak with in regards to making an online-multiplayer option for sims 4?

Message 1 of 5 (481 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@anparks14 

To program a new online game as complex as Sims takes years. Whether there will ever again be an online version of the Sims is another matter. Last it was attempted it was a failure. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (449 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@anparks14 Lol... jp's right. By the time they program it and set it all up, Covid will be a long distant memory. 2-3 years is being generous.
Message 3 of 5 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

very generous, especially considering Electronic Arts stance on Quality Control. It's a more professional environment than (for example) Steam; People aren't willing to put half-baked games out with Electronic Arts because they know the public expects only the very best. It's the price you pay for quality: Time.

Edit:

Although, I'm not /entirely/ against bringing a solution from Sims 4 from COVID19; remember there are many other difficulties facing this time of crisis. I personally have made an increased effort to include sanitation items in my Gallery Builds to emphasize the necessity of good hygiene practices. Anything people can do to help the situation whether big or small - is still adding to the solution, not the problem. 

Message 4 of 5 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah, I think it would be cool, but on the other hand it requires a lot of jobs to do. Adding multiplayer mode can mean that EA would have to create the brand new game with the same graphics. It's damn hard if I'm right. OP, if you're bored because of Covid-19 and the things going on in the Sims, you can just download other EA game. They have a lot of good games except Sims. And if this is not enough for you, you can find a hobby. For example, my friend sent me an article on the professionalrakeback.com site. After reading it, I have become a professional poker player, LOL. It's better than dying from boredom.

Message 5 of 5 (357 Views)