Re: [COL]Suggestion: Substitute honey for sugar in recipes.

by PugLove888

Original Post

[COL]Suggestion: Substitute honey for sugar in recipes.

★ Guide

Would like the ability to use honey instead of sugar in recipes when using the simple living lot challenge. 

Message 1 of 6 (653 Views)

★★★ Guide
@kaiwryplays I like this idea so much! Either that or give us a way to grow wheat and sugar cane and process them into flour and sugar.
Message 2 of 6 (638 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'll give that one an 'XP' and 'Me Too'! I agree @kaiwryplays ... the ability to substitute honey for sugar would be great! I also love the idea, @FluidPanNerd , of being able to grow wheat and mill it or take it to a mill to make flour! Another couple of options may be things like growing sugar beets for sugar and the ability to substitute Cricket Flour for wheat flour if you have a bug farm and EcoLifestyle. 🤞

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 6 (630 Views)

Champion

@kaiwryplays , I totally agree! 💗 In real life I sometimes put sugar in my tea but other times i put in honey instead!  This would be worthwhile in the game because if there is one Expansion Pack that most people have it is Seasons, so a great many people have access to the beehive and honey! 🐝🍯

@FluidPanNerd & @SheriGR I do really like the idea of growing wheat, sugar cane, or sugar beets for use as ways to make our own sugar, or wheat, but I don't think this would be added to the game because it would take a designing new produce.  I think it would be easier (and therefore more likely) for them to just allow the simple substitution of a product we already have in the game! 😉 (But i do still like the idea of growing those items.)

@SheriGR your suggestion of substituting cricket flour is a good one as well, and also one they could do without having to add new items to the game!  On the other hand, even though crickets 🦗 are very nutritious, I wouldn't really want bread or cake made from them! 🤣

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (600 Views)

★ Guide
@kaiwryplays Agreed. Would also be nice if the cricket flour from Eco Living could be used in place of ALL flour in recipes as well. It would make the packs feel more integrated, and allow for the option to really live fully off of what who make on your own lot, to really get that "sustainable living" experience. It's a real bummer, after you've done everything you can to create a really simple living functional, fully self contained lot, to still have to go and BUY flour and sugar.
Message 5 of 6 (445 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is older now, so I've locked it to prevent necro-posting.

If you have further feedback on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread and we'll take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (431 Views)