Re: [CD] [CoL] Feedback: Dogs should defend chicken coops against foxes

by PugLove888

Original Post

[CD] [CoL] Feedback: Dogs should defend chicken coops against foxes

★★★ Guide

Part of the reason one owns a dog in the countryside is to help defend your chickens against foxes. I realize this isn't technically a bug, but it would be great if my dog would help out instead of staring in fascination at my beehive while a fox is stealing an egg.

I'm loving this pack though Large smile

Message 1 of 6 (1,128 Views)

★ Guide

I'm wondering if it's the traits that determine if dogs will chase them or not

Message 2 of 6 (1,105 Views)

★★★ Guide
@kaiwryplays That's an interesting idea! Though IRL I think all but the laziest dog is likely to go after the foxes (and rabbits).
Message 3 of 6 (1,061 Views)

Champion

@wombatilim  and @kaiwryplays  I agree that this should have been a feature of the CotL pack!  At least depending on your dog's personality! (But then again I still am upset that none of the dogs can sleep on the human beds, especially when cats can! 😠 My dogs have always slept on our beds in real life! But that is another issue!) 
I have not played with a household that has dogs with the CotL pack yet.  I am interested to see if the personality of the dog makes a difference! Nerd🤞

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

So after some additional observation, the dog does sometimes bark at a fox and scare it off, just the first few times the foxes came around, the dog was too busy being inquisitive about something else to notice. So it looks like it's a feature after all.

Message 5 of 6 (1,030 Views)

Champion

@wombatilim , thanks for the update! 😎

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 6 (990 Views)