CC skin overlays not working on certain sims in game?

by erin123568

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC skin overlays not working on certain sims in game?

★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry if its not! Basically, I've always played with CC skin overlays and its worked fine, but ever since the other day some sims (seemingly at random) don't have the overlay in game. When I go into CAS, the overlay is on and working fine, but its just in the actual game where it doesn't work. For instance I have one household of 8 sims where the overlay works on all but one of them. Since everyone else in the household doesn't have an issue with the overlay, I thought it must have been a conflicting CC item or something, but I removed all other CC from her and it didn't change anything. I've also tried using different skin overlays and they still don't work on those same sims. Not sure if it would make any difference but I don't have any script mods installed either.

If anyone else has ever run into this issue or knows how to fix it I would appreciate your advice! Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (2,258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CC skin overlays not working on certain sims in game?

Champion

@erin123568 After deleting the cc did you also delete the localthumbcache.package from the \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder? It is best practice to do so when you encounter issues with mods or cc to also delete the localthumbcache. This enables the game and your save to start 'fresh'. I.e. without any interference of corrupted mods or cc. Only after this move you can test if the issue was caused by that particular cc or mod.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,242 Views)

All Replies

Re: CC skin overlays not working on certain sims in game?

Champion

@erin123568 After deleting the cc did you also delete the localthumbcache.package from the \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder? It is best practice to do so when you encounter issues with mods or cc to also delete the localthumbcache. This enables the game and your save to start 'fresh'. I.e. without any interference of corrupted mods or cc. Only after this move you can test if the issue was caused by that particular cc or mod.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 2 (2,243 Views)