Re: CAS is broken

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CAS is broken

★★★ Novice

For some reason ever since the July 23rd, 2020 update my CAS is broken. When I try to change my sims body size or arm thickness or whatever it doesn't do anything and they t-pose. I don't know if this is on purpose? But I can't make plus-sized sims anymore or muscular sims all of them are the same size.

Message 1 of 5 (714 Views)

Accepted Solution

@madsikat

Do you use CC? Move the Mods folder to the desktop, trash the localthumbcache.package file, then load the game and see if it still happens.

Moving your post to the General Discussion forum as it doesn't appear to be Mac specific.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (690 Views)

All Replies

@madsikat

Do you use CC? Move the Mods folder to the desktop, trash the localthumbcache.package file, then load the game and see if it still happens.

Moving your post to the General Discussion forum as it doesn't appear to be Mac specific.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (691 Views)

★★★ Expert

@madsikat 

I agree with @Bluebellflora , a broken mod or CC that became outdated by the game patch could definitely cause something like this. However, if you do not use mods or CC, or if temporarily removing them and deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder does not fix the issue, you can also try repairing your game through Origin.

While logged in on Origin:
- Select My Game Library
- Right click on the Sims 4 game tile
- Select Repair from the pop up menu

Let the scan go through your base game and all of your expansion packs. It's possible that some of the system files did not update properly during the patch install. If this has happened the Repair should fix it. After the scan has completed, restart your game and see if everything looks good now. Good luck :D

Message 3 of 5 (669 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RandomBuzziness I could use this but I don't use origin to play sims I use the ea app. Any tips how for using the EA app?
Message 4 of 5 (389 Views)

Hero
@TrickOrBoop There's currently no way to repair your game on the EA App as that is still in beta. To repair, you'll need Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (368 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help