CAS full edit mode not working

by Jordancollier10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CAS full edit mode not working

★★★ Newbie

Until recently, I've been able to use the "cas.fulleditmode on" cheat to edit relationships and play with genetics with a household that is already created.

I now am unable to do either of those things. My Sims is in German, but it tells me something like "you can't edit Sims that are already existing" when I try to edit relationships, and when I try to create a Sim from genetics, (with a same sex married couple) it tells me "there's no available sim in this household."

Until very recently I was able to do both of these actions with no problem. 

I tried the "repair game" option in Origin and it made no difference.

How can I restore these abilities in CAS? 

Message 1 of 2 (1,351 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CAS full edit mode not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Jordancollier10
Even with that cheat enabled, there are still some limitations when adding relationships to some sims that are already in the game (you will need to actively play those sims and use cheats in the cheat bar to create a relationship with these sims - i.e. if you want them to be married). It is annoying but there is nothing you can do about it.

In terms of the no sim available when playing with genetics, make sure the partner sim is able to have children first/get a sim pregnant. In CAS, on the left hand side there are options for making sims capable/not capable of having children, or capable/not capable of getting another sim pregnant. It is possible that one of the sims you using was not capable of having children or not capable of getting a sim pregnant (you did not mention the genders of the same sex couple) which is why it was saying no sim available.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,293 Views)

All Replies

Re: CAS full edit mode not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Jordancollier10
Even with that cheat enabled, there are still some limitations when adding relationships to some sims that are already in the game (you will need to actively play those sims and use cheats in the cheat bar to create a relationship with these sims - i.e. if you want them to be married). It is annoying but there is nothing you can do about it.

In terms of the no sim available when playing with genetics, make sure the partner sim is able to have children first/get a sim pregnant. In CAS, on the left hand side there are options for making sims capable/not capable of having children, or capable/not capable of getting another sim pregnant. It is possible that one of the sims you using was not capable of having children or not capable of getting a sim pregnant (you did not mention the genders of the same sex couple) which is why it was saying no sim available.

Message 2 of 2 (1,294 Views)