Re: CAS background wont change.

by skyskyxd

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@skyskyxdOk sorry about that, they track almost 1400 of the more popular mods on that site but it appears that there are some that aren't tracked there. The other thing you can try is go back to the site you found those new backgrounds and see if there are updated versions or any notes about them being compatible or not compatible with the latest game patch. If they are obsolete and the mod creator hasn't made any updates then unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it.

Btw- Can you verify that you don't have any other CAS Background mods anywhere else in your Mods folder? Maybe like a duplicate copy of that old background that still works in your game? Another explanation would be there is some kind of conflict preventing them from working properly. 

Here's another link to a list of broken mods and CC, this one is on the Sims 4 Forum:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc...

I see there are some links on this site for CAS Backgrounds that are updated for the latest game patch. The mod I use can be found at Mod The Sims & you might be able to find something there you like as well.

Message 11 of 13 (1,732 Views)

★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness there are no duplicates in my folder. i’ll update you tmr on the situation since im off the computer rn. thx for all your help today though!
Message 12 of 13 (1,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem! I reviewed the comments of this and tried everything, cleared cache, removed the thumbnail cache, restarted my game, made sure that there wasn't any other background mod and it still didn't work at all! Before i got a new computer my sims use to be able to run cas background mods perfectly but i'm just now starting to try it out on this computer but now it doesn't wanna work. if anyone thinks they can help me please message me on discord, my name is ~*Bean*~#3350

Message 13 of 13 (1,645 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help