Original Post

Accepted Solution

CAS and generated townie sims have a weird doll-like skin

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, discover University, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, dine out, outdoor retreat, parenthood, spa day, vampires, backyard stuff, bowling night stuff, cool kitchen stuff, fitness stuff, laundry day, luxury party, movie hangout, perfect patio, romantic garden, spooky stuff, toddler stuff, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When creating a sim in CAS if you press the randomise button the sim will have the weird skin. Also randomly generated townies also seem to have the weird skin.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of having a normal EA preset sim face, the sim has an almost shiny doll-like appearance with wide eyes.
What do you expect to see? Normally you would expect to see an EA default face
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I use a lot of cc and mods, and I've had this problem for a while and I'm sure it's a cc problem but I don't know what it is. 

Basically my randomised sims in CAS and randomised townies have odd default skins that don't register in my skin details and still appear with only default EA skin selected. 

If anyone already knows what this is please help.

Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (1,290 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CAS and generated townie sims have a weird doll-like skin

★★★★★ Guide
@PetsRlife : The first pic in particular looks like a case of what's known as the "Grim Reaper" face (apparently, he has a face like that himself!). It's cause by bad CC. Look up the 50/50 method, and try randomizing some Sims in CAS in between to help you figure out what's causing it.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (1,232 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

@PetsRlife I'd think if it was a default skin issue then every Sim in your game would have that same look but I could be wrong there. Maybe it's a skin overlay that a CC creator placed in an unusual slot in CAS & enabled for random? It might have been put in a slot outside of skin details, like maybe a makeup slot or something. Have you checked all of your CAS slots for skin overlays? 

Message 2 of 6 (1,246 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@PetsRlife : The first pic in particular looks like a case of what's known as the "Grim Reaper" face (apparently, he has a face like that himself!). It's cause by bad CC. Look up the 50/50 method, and try randomizing some Sims in CAS in between to help you figure out what's causing it.
Message 3 of 6 (1,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Aah ok, I'm pretty sure I checked everything and I did go into sims4studio and see what cc was on the sims but no cc skin was recognised. I'll think I'll just go through the 50/50 method. Thank you for your help Standard smile

Ok thank you <3

[CM - merged multiple posts together]

Message 4 of 6 (1,181 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@PetsRlife : So you got it solved? You're welcome! ^_^
Message 5 of 6 (1,142 Views)

★ Novice

I am currently having this issue except I don’t use CC. Did you figure out what was causing this?

Message 6 of 6 (1,046 Views)