CAS Gender since the sexuality update

by OmnipotentMoose

Original Post

CAS Gender since the sexuality update

★★★ Newbie

As a non-binary simmer, I can't help but feel like the recent sexuality update erases any non-binary inclusion added with the pronouns update. It's really highlighted a need for a non-binary gender option/additional gender identity checkbox in Create a Sim.  

Also, sometime between the pronouns update and the sexuality update, CAS has updated so that it hasn't been possible to change breast size on female sims with masculine bodies (trans femme sims), both my girlfriend and I have been really annoyed by this change as it not only seems entirely unnecessary but also generally just rude to trans simmers like us, who now have less customisation for "trans sims" than for "cis sims".

We both just really want to be able to create sims like ourselves, which is what drew us to the Sims in the first place, but now we're feeling less included than before.

Message 1 of 4 (252 Views)

Re: CAS Gender since the sexuality update

Hero
@OmnipotentMoose The chest is a bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Chest-Breast-area-in-Masculine-Feminine-frame-Sims-is-broken-i...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (239 Views)

Community Manager
Hiya @OmnipotentMoose

Thank you for sharing this, as @crinrict posted above the chest issue is indeed a bug and not by design.

If you have any feedback on this that you haven't yet shared, please do so here so I can pass it along.
EACade
Message 3 of 4 (229 Views)

★ Guide

I agree.

Not only did it erase the inclusion, which for trans people is very limited in the game, that inclusion was further put down by the recent addition of NPC Relationship Autonomy from the High School Years pack that, like many things in the game, is needlessly gendered. 

Message 4 of 4 (211 Views)