Re: Bust the Dust

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Bust the Dust

★ Apprentice

Has anyone else found issue with how quickly the dust builds up in your home with this pack? It seems all I'm doing on the sims is vacuuming. Not to mention, the maids and butlers don't vacuum when they work. 

Message 1 of 24 (2,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Simmergirl18 I vote 100% to have an upgrade/patch that adds functionality for maids and butlers to dust! Of course this makes so much sense!! You have my 'XP' and 'Me Too' on that one! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 24 (2,460 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Simmergirl18 Thank you for this!  I'm absolutely not getting the BTD kit until someone tells me the cleaning process is manageable. I've seen other posts about various issues with the kit so far.  Hopefully EA cleans up this kit (pun definitely intended)! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 24 (2,439 Views)

Hero (Retired)

They are supposed to. It was mentioned in the live stream they would. 

Message 4 of 24 (2,432 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, the accumulation is absurd. I could have my sims vacuum for hours and it doesn't seem to have any affect. Butlers, Maids, and Bonehilda also do not vacuum like they said they would. 

Message 5 of 24 (2,365 Views)

Champion

@Simmergirl18 I bought all the kits and thought it would be fun.

At this moment I am playing one of my many households in Sulani. It is a six Sims family with a cat and a dog on one of the biggest plots 50 X 50 tiles.

After a two day period of approximately 46 Sim hours intensive playing with this household all my Sims got vaccuming OCD's. I have never seen such an obsessive cleaning spree of all my Sims and not a dust flake in sight. The mansion is shining and sparkling as it never did before. 

The problem in this situation is that they also need to do something else instead of vacuuming. I can hardly get my Sims to work on their aspirations, goals or even their sentiments toward each other.

So no i did not find the issue of how quickly the dust builds up but I did notice the incredible amount of time my Sims spend on vacuuming.

With @SheriGR I fully agree to the XP and the Me too and with @PoptartJuniper I also hope that this issue will be solved with the first patchupdate in March. I also understood that such an adjustment was promised in the stream. 

@florasprout Be careful please with to much vacuuming. One of my Sims is now so obsessed with cleaning that she gets a bad mood when I try to tone the cleaning down. 

But the verdict on that part and Bust the Dust kit is still out. I keep my fingers crossed but I also like to test this kit out a little further with this family. Sandy shores and beach dust is litterally everywhere. By the way i do wonder if playing with Eco Living ads up to the mix?

Anyway, have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 6 of 24 (2,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'll second the dust build-up, my vampire sim, seems to spend all night with the vacuum in hand, want her to something else, she'll stop a second into the new action, and start vacuuming again. Took her to the library, she stops her objective to vacuum the library. The nightclub was amusing, everyone else dancing while my vampire is in the middle of everyone you 'dancing' with her new dance partner, the vacuum.

I wish the vacuums had a dock or something. It's that the bugs me the most with this kit.

Message 7 of 24 (2,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

The only way I've been able to combat this is switching autonomy off, which I don't want to do at all.  As I mentioned in my own thread, maybe this could be toned down a little?  I don't want my unplayed household vacuuming obsessively on the stage at the Starlight Awards! My played household with autonomy off will behave well, but the other house is blitzing through PBP with their vacs!  Ever seen that at the Oscars?  :D. It made for a fun photo and I sat there giggling, but now all of my actors are out of the career and I'll not attend any social events for now.  Even at the pub... out come the vacs.  Not that any sims are embarrassed, I'm getting embarrassed for *them*.  They'll interrupt anything to vacuum.  Even when woohooing I've seen the vac cued up, so cancelled it.  it's worse than ping-pong and basketball.  I'm glad my sims feel all squeaky clean, don't get me wrong, but not to the detriment of relationships, that can't be right, can it??  Oh well, just my two-penneth of what I've noticed since I got the kit.  Time will tell...

I do not work For EA, but I do like to help people if I can.

Keep on simming and have fun!

Trying to help keep The Sims Sim-ple.

Message 8 of 24 (2,303 Views)

★ Apprentice

Really? Interesting.....my maids only vacuum....for hours. Seriously. My maid bills are in the $200s now Zipped lips

Message 9 of 24 (2,272 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@danielcharles02 I was thinking of getting a maid to deal with this as my sims are celebrities and in the acting career so don't have time for this. I think I can hire a maid for nothing with their celebrity status. I'll look into that. Sorry you're finding it a big expense! We so wished we'd known before we bought something that we thought would add some fun to the game. They have a very large house and even 8 sims can't deal with it all.
Message 10 of 24 (2,262 Views)