Build a Temple looking shop, but can't get my Sim in; what did I do wrong?

by Kitilark62

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Build a Temple looking shop, but can't get my Sim in; what did I do wrong?

★★★ Apprentice

Build mode is not my friend - ever; but this time it really has me stumped. Please help, I fear I will have to bulldoze and start over.  I copied the entry stair from the street side to the interior side.  The building is 2 story with no floor on the second story so there is plenty of head room.  My sim goes up the stairs on the street side and back down but will not go down the interior stair.    There are 4 whole unblocked squares at the bottom of the interior stair, there are only 2 for the exterior stair. 

Message 1 of 6 (384 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Build a Temple looking shop, but can't get my Sim in; what did I do wrong?

Champion

@Kitilark62 Thank you for uploading the lot to the gallery and for the images. This was super-helpful! I was able to place the lot in my game and experiment. I have made a video of a fix that worked in my game. Please confirm that you're able to view it and if it works to fix the issue in your game. Thanks!
https://youtu.be/QyxkKWypQpw

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (360 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kitilark62 Unfortunately, I cannot view the screenshots you attached. There could possibly be a number of things going on, but if you have removed the ceiling &/or the flooring above the stairs at all, it may be possible that you're facing this bug. I would recommend that you have a look and see if it's the same range of issues you're seeing in your lot: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/td-p/9716427 If that is your issue I can see if this post can be merged into that bug report, and you should add your 'me too' to the bug report and subscribe to it so you will be notified of status changes when there is a fix, plus you can try the workarounds posted on the report.

If that's not the issue, perhaps you could try inserting your screenshots into your next reply rather than attaching them to see if that is viewable. Another possibility is if you would upload the lot to the gallery and I could test it in my game. If you do this please let me know here in a new comment. Also include the exact name of the upload (name it something like 'stair roof test') and let me know your user ID in the gallery if it's different than here. 

Message 2 of 6 (378 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

why1.JPGwhy 2.JPGOkay  so now I have learned to insert images (hazzah)   Before I put the stairs in I built out the second story and used the remove floor for the whole area.  the top of both stair are under the roof of the second story,

Upload to Gallery Kitilark62 - 30x20 retail  Spirit of the Jungle Shop.   Thanks SheriGR!

Message 3 of 6 (371 Views)

Champion

@Kitilark62 Thank you for uploading the lot to the gallery and for the images. This was super-helpful! I was able to place the lot in my game and experiment. I have made a video of a fix that worked in my game. Please confirm that you're able to view it and if it works to fix the issue in your game. Thanks!
https://youtu.be/QyxkKWypQpw

Message 4 of 6 (361 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Lol  I could not stand not having it work so I was experimenting too.   no video but I did take a few screen captures.  My solution make a floor across from the stairs even though you can't get to it.  weird!!!   BUT I LOVE your solution soooooo much more!!  Thankyou @SheriGR   you are my build mode angle.   Maybe some of the other people who are having stair trouble can be helped by this  - at least that is what I am telling myself to make all the stress worth it (hahahaha).  The Fix lol.JPGuglyfloor.JPG

Message 5 of 6 (357 Views)

Champion

@Kitilark62 Thank you for posting and I'm happy to hear you can now enjoy your build! Have fun! 🌹

Message 6 of 6 (352 Views)