Re: Build Your Bundle is no longer available in game after the latest Sims 4 upd

by vladnc

Original Post

Re: Build Your Bundle is no longer available in game after the latest Sims 4 upd

★★★★ Apprentice

Did some further testing. Starting Fraps after starting Sims 4 allows both Origin In-Game and Fraps to work properly, so they are not 100% incompatible, even after the latest Origin and Sims updates.

But it does seem to be a bug of the Origin In-Game feature, since in the past it worked, and nothing changed on my system except for the Origin and Sims updates. It's not that big of a deal, just annoying. But it might still be worth it to try to fix the bug, in case there is other software that could cause similar issues.

Speaking of incompatibilities, the forum software here seems to be incompatible with the Microsoft Editor browser addon (it's similar to Grammarly). It causes the text I type to flicker like crazy after I allow it to fix some typo in my message.

Message 11 of 12 (217 Views)

@vladnc  Thanks for the update.  I've marked the Fraps info as the solution, in case anyone else is looking for it.

I doubt EA will care that Fraps doesn't work with Origin in-game anymore, since Fraps is not being updated and Origin will be replaced by the EA Desktop App soon.  But it's definitely useful information for troubleshooting purposes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 12 (205 Views)