Re: Build/Buy Catalog expansion + create your own catalog

by Gadgetdoll

Original Post

Build/Buy Catalog expansion + create your own catalog

★★★ Apprentice

It is extremely difficult to see the items while in build/buy mode. It would be so much better if we could expand like we were able to in Sims 3 and like we can with our in-game inventory now. Even with adjusting the UI size it's still hard to go through all of the items available; especially if you have a lot of DLCs.

It would also be great if the option to create your own catalogs came back as well. Again, with all the items available to choose from, its makes it very difficult (and time consuming) to try and find where that one specific item is.

(Speaking as someone with ADHD and vision problems, just fyi)

Apologies if this is not the place to request things like this, if its not could you PLEASE tell me where I could go to request such a feature?

Message 1 of 3 (993 Views)

@Gadgetdoll

TwistedMexi's Expandable BuildBuy Catalogue is a great Mod which makes it much easier and quicker to use. He has also made BetterBuildBuy which opens up the catalogue further. You install one or the the other, but not both. They are on Patreon but are free. Just search for TwistedMexi in Google Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (969 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I would very much prefer to have this as an actual base feature; like it had been in the previous versions. I find it kind of silly that the expandable build/buy catalog was even taken out to begin with...

The new system is very much improved upon compared to the previous versions. I do like the functionality of it, but it gets overwhelming searching through all those items when you start to accumulate more DLCs. The biggest hope out of this thread is to be able to find items better. While the search function is great, it doesn't always work and you need to actually remember the name of the item; which I'd like to kindly point out some players may have problems with remembering things. *ahem*

I think the use of mods is awesome, please don't get me wrong. And I did check out those mods, but they only kind of do half of what I am asking here.

On a personal note, I prefer to not mod this particular game line. I've had too many complications with them since Sims 2 and just haven't had the heart to deal with any potential issues... so many lost saves...

Message 3 of 3 (958 Views)